Version 0.97

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
Clear Air Turbulence
Closed Account
Closed Account

dvlenk6 wrote:I haven't been able to clear Charon without a S500.

Speaking of bee hives... I've encountered swarms of dwargs :shock: .

One more thing: I just found 4 segments of Dwarg Holochroal Armor on the Tripoli in the Battle Arena :D .
I used a 100MW reactor and the 25MW Mammoth shield to clear Charon. It was pretty easy, I used the morningstar and that new howitzer with the fragmenting shells. I liked how I had to run through it to civilization and re-equip myself before I was confident coming back to clean it out, made the battles seem more epic.
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Started Nouveau Charon with a Class II (Now that's an epic battle. Too bad it all happened offscreen. ;)) , but eventually decided on an S100 to tackle the Fortress which was right next to a Stronghold and in the middle of a protective ring of asteroids. The only way to fight it was up close. The good news: Only the Particle beams of the Fortress could touch me. The bad news: I had the barest reactor that could handle it, and thus about one minute's worth of fuel. It was a desperate battle: Shoot fortress, hide from particle wrath, destroy Vikings. Feed on juicy helium3 wreckage. Repeat.
redhex
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hm. I cleared Charon system using an omnilaser I had from starting the game, longbow missiles, a class 3 shield and i think 45 hp armour. Made SO much money from selling loot off the wrecks. Very fun.