Transcendence Port to Linux and Mac

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Rowanthepreacher wrote:Wow. It's been a while. I wonder, how much money would need to be thrown in order to get some devoted mac porting done? I'm unfamiliar with licensing fees and the like, but i'm sure a reasonable sum could be rounded up, with an additional boost in attention from the fundraiser. Anyone know any better?

Money might help, but all the people who can do it sadly don't have free time anymore and a dedicated port requires time a lot of time. :\
Rowanthepreacher
Miner
Miner

I wish I had the patience to be a programmer. So many problems fixed, so many ports made.
Jeoshua
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Thankfully, Transcendence runs amazingly well under Wine with Quartz installed. Without it, sadly, you get spammed by errors.

For anyone hardcore or crazy enough to want a port, here is the script I use to make the game run properly:

Code: Select all

#!/usr/bin/bash
wine ~/Transcendence/Transcendence.exe&
PID=$!
tail -n 0 -f ~/Transcendence/Debug.log --pid=$PID
killall Transcendence.exe
This allows it to be virtually sent a SIGTERM (Ctrl-C) signal, and outputs the Debug log to the console as you play.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Jeoshua wrote:Thankfully, Transcendence runs amazingly well under Wine with Quartz installed. Without it, sadly, you get spammed by errors.

For anyone hardcore or crazy enough to want a port, here is the script I use to make the game run properly:

Code: Select all

#!/usr/bin/bash
wine ~/Transcendence/Transcendence.exe&
PID=$!
tail -n 0 -f ~/Transcendence/Debug.log --pid=$PID
killall Transcendence.exe
This allows it to be virtually sent a SIGTERM (Ctrl-C) signal, and outputs the Debug log to the console as you play.
There is a graphical menubar version of Wine launcher that solves these issues.
KaoS
Miner
Miner

I tried to run trans with wine on an opensuse install the other day and it didn't even fire off the loading animation before it bombed...

I'm pretty new to making things work with wine even though I've dabbled with it off and on since it came out. I probably just didn't configure it properly. I don't care to get into all the details atm because I just wanna play some and try again later. Just wanted to mention it

Is there a post in the forum somewhere that spells out what you need and basic config that will probably work?
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

There is a Transcendence on Wine How-To in the Wiki: http://wiki.kronosaur.com/game/guide/tr ... ce_on_wine

For me that's working just fine on Ubuntu 15.04, should work with Suse as well. Make sure to use the latest (stable) Wine Release.