RC3

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

OK, you all know the drill:

http://www.neurohack.com/downloads/Trans10RC3.zip

BALANCE CHANGES
---------------------
1. Armor has more HP. (Level I armor has 35 hp and increases by 30% each level). Also, adjusted the armor used by enemies (so they don't automatically become more powerful with this armor change).

2. Shields have more HP. (Level I shields have 35 hp and increase by 30% each level). Shields also cost a little more.

3. For Heretic, I've increased the time between Iocrym attacks and the time that it takes them to recover if you destroy the all. Also, sentinels have a greater chance of leaving a wreck.

4. Reflection crystals burn out after a while (but are back to being more common).

5. Class V deflector consumes more power and has normal ion resistance

6. Teratons build more defense turrets if you attack them.

7. Worldship armor plate is now level VIII and NotForSale

8. Lacaille/Cygni system is always available (to increase chance of getting good equipment in early game).

9. Piracy and slave trading are not instakills if you have enough money to pay a fine.

10. Ore in asteroids is appropriate to level (e.g., no ithalium ore at level I).

11. Commonwealth and Corporate Hierarchy have more variety of ships.

12. Modified random encounters so that they don't all automatically chase you (some random encounters are with freighter convoys that try to escape).

13. More armor repair items. Also, armor repair is a skill that you get better at the more you do it.

14. Sung slaver armor can be used to repair other Sung armor.

15. And, of course, a couple of minor surprises.

EXTENSION CHANGES
-----------------------

16. Added (objFireOverlayEvent)

17. Added (typHasAttribute)

18. Timer events attached to objects move when the object moves systems

19. (objRepairArmor) now returns the hp repaired

20. Added (objAddItemEnhancement)

21. (objDestroy) takes optional damage source

22. Added aCause to all damage events

23. Added <OnAddedAsEnhancement> and <OnRemovedAsEnhancement>

24. Item criteria 'V' flag to include virtual items

25. randomEncounters= attrib and <OnRandomEncounter>

26. Added <Sequencer> effect

27. Added event handlers and (objSetEventHandler)

28. Obj criteria 'P' flag to include only objects visible to source

29. Added <OnCreate> sub-element to ships in ship tables

30. Added damageAdjLevel= attrib (to override intrinsic damage adj)

31. Added <GetMaxHP> event to shields

32. Added (itmGetInstallPos)

33. Added (objGetArmorLevel)

34. Added <Lookup> and <LevelTable> to ship tables

35. (shpCreateShip) takes <ShipTable> as UNID.

36. Added (shpGetOrderDesc)

37. Added (shpGetDockObj)

38. <OnCreate> for stations is now a direct child (not a child of <Events>) to match <OnCreate> for <Ship>

39. <OnInstall> and <OnUninstall> for items are consistently called for armor and devices

40. Fixed a bug in which you could not manipulate other items inside of OnInstall and OnUninstall

41. Added (sysCalcTravelDistance)

42. Added <GetCreatePos>

43. Added <OnCreateOrders>

44. (sysCreateShip) takes an override as its last parameter (instead of controller)

45. Added 'K' flag to include only objects that cannot attack.

46. Added 'J' flag to include only objects from a given sovereign.

47. Fixed a bug in item criteria with '~' char: "a~u" did not work

48. Added '^' char to item criteria to force a certain category: "a^u" returns all armor that is usable

49. Added startingShipCriteria= attrib to <AdventureDesc> [Thanks to Betelgeuse]

50. Added (sysVectorPolarVelocity) to create a velocity vector

51. regen= and decay= attributes for <Armor> (same as regen attrib for shields)

BUG FIXES
------------

Fixed a crash when a ship with attackNearestEnemy order gets an msgAttackDeter message.

Insurance should not resurrect attached pteravores [Thanks to F50]

#175: Fixed a bug in the Rigel Aurelius in which Kate attacked the player [Thanks to Wolfy]

#135: Crash when calling (objDestroy gSource) from inside a damage event [Thanks to Betelgeuse]

Added code in CSystem.cpp to recover from a bug in RC1

Fixed a crash bug if insured player is killed and wreck is destroyed along with player [Thanks to namer4]

Fixed potential crash bug if wingmen are destroyed just as player gates out

Fixed a problem with insurance placing the player in dangerous situation

Fixed a problem with insurance not repairing armor fully

Fixed bug in which wingmen don't repair armor after gating [Thanks to fossaman and Bobby]

#169: Possible to target waypoints in first militia mission [Thanks to speedofsquid]

#160: First Contact Monument has incorrect screen after confiscation [Thanks to speedofsquid]

#176: Ship selection screen doesn't show weapon power usage [Thanks to Wolfy]

Fixed a bug in (objDamage) when pteravores destroy a ship [Thanks to Aeonic]

Unknown weapons and autodefence are identified when they are fired

Unknown shields, drives, cargo holds, reactors, and repairers are identified when installed

Jumpdrive is identified when used

Fixed grammar: "a xyz stargate" -> "the xyz stargate" [Thanks to Wolfy]

Error: OnSystemWeaponFire [Battle Arena Maximus]: Unknown item type 0 ### (itmCreate aWeaponUNID 1) ### [Thanks to Boring]

Fixed infinite Hyugens in Heretic bug [Thanks to Viperion]

Fixed a bug in which Kronosaurus stops chasing player after gating out [Thanks to fossaman]

Hex escape codes allowed in item descriptions and item names [Thanks to speedofsquid]

Ferians should not retaliate against stuff that can't attack [Thanks to Shrike]

Fixed typo: "vessel" -> "vessels" [Thanks to speedofsquid]

Fixed typo: "scientists" -> "scientist" [Thanks to speedofsquid]

#211: Changed Partisan Turret damage to match Partisan cannon [Thanks to Atarlost]

#205: Fixed a parsing problem with item names with words in parens [Thanks to Atarlost]

#206: Fixed problem with (objIncVel) and (objSetVel) [Thanks to Betelgeuse]

#85: Fixed a bug in which cargo jettisoned over a planet sometimes painted under the planet

Fixed a bug with regen and decay rate for armor [Thanks to Atarlost]

Charon system should not have any random Korolov stations [Thanks to fossaman]
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

And it comes out when I can't do much playing because of the holidays...
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

And you even added some light ceramic plate so I can ditch the stuff used on my Molotok. How nice.
Last edited by Aeonic on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last Cause Of Death: Destroyed by Karl Svalbard's last Lucifer missile, right after I blew him up. And the crowd cheers.
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks George, I can't wait to try it.

#18 makes a workaround in UGW obsolete, and creates a bug, nobody get a wingman until I re-upload it. (the onBehavior event will be repeatedly added when gating)
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

wow awesome list 8)
so many things to do now :D
Crying is not a proper retort!
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

:D
YAY!

(i'll put the xml up on xelerus)
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

HAPPY :D

Will there be a RC4?

The list looks very nice. Thanks for all those additions (looking at you, persistant timer events)
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

with event handlers if the event handler doesn't have the event does it call the originals event and is there a way to call the event of the original in the handler?
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

WOOT! :D

Download time!
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Betelgeuse wrote:with event handlers if the event handler doesn't have the event does it call the originals event and is there a way to call the event of the original in the handler?
1. Yes, if the event handler does not have the event it looks for the event in the original type.

2. Yes, from the event handler you need to figure out the type of the object [using (shpGetClass)] and then call (typFireObjEvent) which takes an UNID.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

george moromisato wrote:
Betelgeuse wrote:with event handlers if the event handler doesn't have the event does it call the originals event and is there a way to call the event of the original in the handler?
1. Yes, if the event handler does not have the event it looks for the event in the original type.

2. Yes, from the event handler you need to figure out the type of the object [using (shpGetClass)] and then call (typFireObjEvent) which takes an UNID.
wow thanks now we can put any event on any object we want

what happens when you apply several event handlers? do they get overridden or do they stack?
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Betelgeuse wrote:what happens when you apply several event handlers? do they get overridden or do they stack?
For now, they get overriden--but obviously in the future they could stack.
RethEldirood
Anarchist
Anarchist

Kind of a request, if such a thing is appropriate here...

Transcendence appears to operate at 4:3 aspect ratio (if I'm wrong in this, please let me know). Some newer mini-laptops/netbooks/whatever you care to call them do not support this aspect ratio, owing to the screen being shorter in height. My own supports exactly two resolutions, 800x600 and 1024x600, but the former is wonky and doesn't cooperate well with gaming.

The bottom line is that when I play, about a quarter inch of the top and the bottom of the screen are cut off; this is exactly the space where for example a waypoint or mission target would point to (like Arco Vaughn in Eridani), and likewise for upgraded visual display. Is there currently or planned in the future any option for supporting nonstandard resolutions in this respect?
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Awesome george ! Thank you very much ! :D
sooo many things to test :)
Ihlosi
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

george moromisato wrote:1. Armor has more HP. (Level I armor has 35 hp and increases by 30% each level). Also, adjusted the armor used by enemies (so they don't automatically become more powerful with this armor change).
Hm, wow. Did armor really need that buff? Heavy ithalium or similar is reasonably easy to acquire and has 900-odd hitpoints already (more than any shield). Most weapons will hardly dent it. Making armor even stronger will probably make most enemy weapons look like pea shooters, with the exception of the really big guns (Ares lightning turrets, etc) and those with annoying side effects (ion disruptors or whatever it is on those Ventari destroyers that causes device damage).

I like the buff to shields, though.
10. Ore in asteroids is appropriate to level (e.g., no ithalium ore at level I).
What level is used in the calculation?

I guess this means no more lucky starts by finding some orthosteel ore in the metallic asteroids in Eridiani.