RC5

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
Brzelius
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Ok great, my game works without crashing now, must have been the Teraton defender bug.
However, the /dx switch still doesn't work as it used to. I guess that's what the new /1024 switch is for so I don't have to live with big, ugly black bands, but what does /dx do now anyway? Don't see any difference (my native resolution is 1600x1200).
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Shrike wrote:Damn....I just tried it, and it's only the IFC that can use Longzhus.

..So no 2375 DPS Avalanche :(
There's a level ten limit on Longzhus, I think.

Only weapons that can use the Longzhu sphere are those below level 10 and hav ethe enery weapon modifier...
Brzelius
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Great, finished the game and I have to say I love the new Heretic. Very diverse and fun missions, thanks a lot for that George. Maybe we can get some other systems to be more like the new Heretic too :D
I even found the Iocrym commandship's shield intact, I guess it's the lvl XIII Iocrym Cocoon, any chance to get it installed somewhere?

Edit: Also, there's one device I absolutely haven't been able to figure out, it's a device labelled "Dalek1", weighs 2.5 tons, has a shown level of VIII and uses around 35 MW of power when installed and active. Does anyone happen to know what it should be?
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Brzelius wrote:Edit: Also, there's one device I absolutely haven't been able to figure out, it's a device labelled "Dalek1", weighs 2.5 tons, has a shown level of VIII and uses around 35 MW of power when installed and active. Does anyone happen to know what it should be?
Probably a bushido enhancer. It's the only one which weighs 2,5 tons and can appear as Dalek1. Try it with one of the following and see if the damage increases.

Omniparticle cannon
Shuriken neutron blaster
X-ray laser
Hanzo blaster
Katana star cannon
ion flame cannon

EDIT - It should use 40 MW of power though...
Brzelius
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Blitz wrote: Probably a bushido enhancer. It's the only one which weighs 2,5 tons and can appear as Dalek1. Try it with one of the following and see if the damage increases.

Omniparticle cannon
Shuriken neutron blaster
X-ray laser
Hanzo blaster
Katana star cannon
ion flame cannon

EDIT - It should use 40 MW of power though...
Yea, it's a bushido enhancer, thanks. It doesn't show the power usage when not identified, I just gauged it installing a 50MW reactor and disabling every other device, weapon etc.
Is there any place to look up what is enhanced by the different enhancement devices without going through the game files?
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Brzelius wrote:Is there any place to look up what is enhanced by the different enhancement devices without going through the game files?
Well, there is this but this hasn't been updated since 0.99c, I think.
http://wiki.neurohack.com/transcendence/wiki/devices

And, no, there is no easy way to see what items are Bushido items, or Makayev items or Rasiermesser items etc.

Looking through the game files is the best way, IMO. Cuz there are some things which are clear only there. For, e.g, the bushido enhancer doesn't enhance all bushido devices but only devices that have been marked as both "bushido" and as "energyWeapon".
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

hiteffects are gamebreaking. It is possible for them to prevent you from knowing the orientation of your own ship for an extended time against some opponents.

reccomend removing them all since they also hide information about whether your shots are actually doing damage.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Major Problem:

Instant shield regeneration for "boss" ships.

I was equipped with the following: a blue EMP cannon (ion 14); a Makayev high charge slam cannon (blast 14.5); a single x-ray laser cannon (laser 10); and a modded shield (Defense Protector). My energy was recharged by one "solar charger" and a "Qedesh panel."

My enemies were: Vikings and Corsairs - destroyed 5; two bosses left.
Then: Mining ships and Hammerheads - destroyed 3; - two bosses left.

These "bosses" had instant shield regeneration on Class I - Class III shields. I hit them with my x-ray cannon, EMP cannon, and Makayev cannon. On each boss ship, the shield would go down one or two points, then instantly build back up. After over an hour of pounding on them with everything I could get my hands on, they were still undamaged.

Now how am I supposed to rescue "Buster," or survive myself, if the enemies which I am fighting are not able to be destroyed? I believe this to be a bug or anomaly, and as such it needs to be repaired.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I also encountered that but I was using WE and some of my modded shields were installed on the enemies.
I haven't encountered the problem in vanilla.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

WE levels the playing field by letting enemies use your godmodded shields. If you don't like it don't use godmodded shields.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Artalost,

If your response was intended for me, then know that this: I was not using the Weapons Extended mod, when I encountered the problem; that is what makes the problem so interesting.