New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

george moromisato wrote: It appears to be a bug in lnkAppend.
lnkAppend was rewritten? Are there other core funcs that have been changed? (just curious... also, knowing this might lead to other similar bug reports)
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

alterecco wrote:lnkAppend was rewritten? Are there other core funcs that have been changed? (just curious... also, knowing this might lead to other similar bug reports)
I mucked with it so that you could pass Nil (or an unbound variable) as the first parameter (and it would create a list with a single item).

I just fixed the bug and tried it out on BattleZone--works great.

[I can't think of other core functions that were changed...but I will go back over the fix list to see.]
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

george moromisato wrote: I mucked with it so that you could pass Nil (or an unbound variable) as the first parameter (and it would create a list with a single item).
Great, that is a nice change. I will add it to the changelog.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

YAY

Thanks George, hope you have a happy holiday, I know I sure will!
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Goody, 1.04 in time for christmas! Can't wait to see what you have added, George. :D
A yacht called Sapphire
Anarchist
Anarchist

I noticed two bugs: one is the new feature for the CSC Terra...while it will now open fire on you if you attack it, it will still allow you to dock with it despite any damage you deal. The second one (not sure if it's unique to 1.04, but it happened in the same go as the first bug) is if the strongest friendly ship you destroy is more powerful than the strongest enemy ship you destroy, in the death screen it comes up with "killed (xyz) enemy vessels, including 0 EI200 class freighters". It seems to say 0 regardless of how many were destroyed.

I haven't noticed any other isses, and I too would like to give my congratulations and thanks for this release.
A yacht called Sapphire
PKodon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: "Minocs. I've got a baaad feeling about this.... This is no cave!"

Say, George, would you ever consider including a mod in the distro some time. For instance, something like DSF (once it gets updated for the new abilities you've added to Transcendence). I'm just thinking that there are some mods that you might consider important enough to make them standard fare, thus encouraging other modders to use them.

And, once again, I brought up the topic of vector graphics Canvas functions on the IRC, and was asked to try to port some of that functionality from some Java Script code that's out there. I guess it's time to learn how to write my own functions in tscript, and if I can do it right, make an example mod that will showcase what could be done with it - hopefully convincing you to add some vector graphics commands to the Canvas commands.

Oh, and one more thing, how is the origin for text determined in the Canvas commands, because it doesn't seem to be the same origin as anything else?
"Don't ask ..., I don't wanna know, and I don't wanna care!" - PK
Meet us on IRC --> Image
"... the hornet battlepod is the closest we have ingame to flying into battle in a wheelbarrow
with a bathtub nailed upside down to the top of it to provide armor."
- The Shrike
PKodon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: "Minocs. I've got a baaad feeling about this.... This is no cave!"

Oh, and this new Galactic Map, does it actually change the topology in the game? If so, are the links linear (only two gates per system between the first and last systems), or can it be used to create branching topologies (such as found in Privateer and Freelancer)?
"Don't ask ..., I don't wanna know, and I don't wanna care!" - PK
Meet us on IRC --> Image
"... the hornet battlepod is the closest we have ingame to flying into battle in a wheelbarrow
with a bathtub nailed upside down to the top of it to provide armor."
- The Shrike
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

There is a bug in the new prioritized dockscreens.

gPrevScreen is not being set consistently when docking with a CW customs station.

Test #1
Looting a shipwreck and docking with a CW settlement took me to the confiscate screen then dsLoot (with the entire inventory of the settlement available) This was not consistently repeatable.

Test #2
Start a new game with +Illegals in player's cargo and dock with CW colony took me to confiscate screen then produced an error:

Code: Select all

Unable to show screen: "No binding for symbol: gPrevScreen" ### (scrShowScreen gScreen gPrevScreen) ###
This is repeatable.

I haven't done any testing with other instances of the <GetGlobalDockscreen> stations.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

are you going to update the transdata on the main download page with the new one??
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Found a trivial problem: The new description for the Hanzo blaster is three lines long and spills into next item below it.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Descriptions have always been a problem. It used to be the Trenton, but I think the 1.0 change to damage display fixed that. There's something in vanilla 1.x though I think. Maybe it's always been the Hanzo. Mods are worse. There's really not enough space for a good description, especially when you need to pass not just fluff but the name of any ammo and a description of anything in events the player should know.

Maybe moving description overruns to a tooltip-like interface?
gpaas
Anarchist
Anarchist

This may be just me and my extensions creating the problem, but now barrels do not appear to work for armor on first try. I used carbon-weavers on heavy meteorsteel and they remained at 150 hp, and they appear to remain at 150 hp as I got hit a few times to test this and the hp started dropping immediately. In the ship configuration screen they show up as having the enhancement (+30% for 195 hp) but they're still 150 hp in-game. It is fixed by reinstalling the armor again with the enhancement, but this is not good.
Enthusiastic to learn about modding Transcendence
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

gpaas wrote:This may be just me and my extensions creating the problem, but now barrels do not appear to work for armor on first try. I used carbon-weavers on heavy meteorsteel and they remained at 150 hp, and they appear to remain at 150 hp as I got hit a few times to test this and the hp started dropping immediately. In the ship configuration screen they show up as having the enhancement (+30% for 195 hp) but they're still 150 hp in-game. It is fixed by reinstalling the armor again with the enhancement, but this is not good.
There's a thread about this over in the bugs forum, and there's an issue on the tracker now. Hopefully we'll get a 1.05 (1.04b?) bugfix soon :)
gpaas
Anarchist
Anarchist

Oh okay. Sorry I did not realize there was a bug forum! Hopefully it's fixed soon.
Enthusiastic to learn about modding Transcendence