Transcendence Source!

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ttech wrote: I look at charts because that is what they are there for. :P
True, but this one makes more sense after you have read the article. Granted, then it should probably have been placed at the end. And, to be honest, i think it is confusing as well :)

The branching model in the article is meant for large scale collaboration projects, and that might make it harder to use. I don' suggest that it is the best model, or that it is the one that should be adopted for T, I just wanted to provide an example of a well thought out large scale workflow with git.

The reason I posted it, is that I noticed that George was committing "releases" to the repository, not atomic commits. As a git user you probably know that, once you begin collaborating, it becomes difficult to work with large commits and you need to come up with some scheme to handle commits that are fixes and commits that are tests/experimental and at the same time keep a stable branch. Again, this article is an example of such a scheme, taken from real-world usage.

In the end I am just really psyched to see the T source on github. It is positively the coolest thing that I have seen in my time with games. Hooray for collaboration and open-source (with commercial potential as well ;)
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

True enough, personally I find the best work flow is the one that speeds up development on a particular project.