1.08j

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

http://www.neurohack.com/downloads/Trans108j.zip

More critical bug fixes:

1. Fixed the problem with Centauri Occupation (plus mining ore screen and slavers screen).
2. Added more code to fix previous corruption. More save files should work: please try again and send me any save file that still does not load.

I will do another short release if there are more critical fixes (particularly to fix regressions).

Thank you to all who have reported bugs!
Cygnus.X1
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Highya Guys and Gals! New version above, hint hint :mrgreen:

because peeps are still posting on the 1.08i announcement thread
Cygnus.X1
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Had to confirm this before I mentioned it, and it's not a game killer or anything...

The infinite combat arena thing (What is the official name of that anyway?) that runs before you hit 'start' or 'load' has the option of pressing [!] to bring up a textinput box, and you can type in the name of a ship class and it will change the currently viewed ship to the nearest match to whatever you typed. For example, you can type "iocr" and the nearest match happens to be the Iocrym Command Ship. :twisted:

So I use that function a lot for quick testing of minor code changes on the playerships I've been working on, however I've noticed since the 'select mod' functionality was added, that playership modules are not usable in the battle scene until after you load/start an adventure with whichever playership mod enabled, although you do NOT have to actually select the playership, I duplicated the effect even when starting with an E100 as long as the playership mod in question was checked prior to starting a new or loading a saved adventure. Once you quit from the adventure (or get killed or what have you) and return to the primary screen, you can then summon your playership as before.

Was this intentional or just an oversight? It was really convenient to make some minor changes in the XML file, load up Trans, summon my ship into the combat thing, and watch to see if my changes are working. I could then close out Trans completely, make some more changes, and re-launch Trans so it can see those changes, and again quickly test in the combat arena thing. With the added 'select mod' function, I now have to bite the bullet, as such, and load an adventure that uses the playership mod to perform any testing at all.

Again, it's not a game killer at all, but it is an inconvenience.

[Edit]

Code: Select all

<Extensions>
		<Default unid="0x200000" debugMode="true">0xdada1000, 0xdada2666</Default>
	</Extensions>
So it seems I was a little off on my report, apparently checking and unchecking the selected mods on the adventure start screen affects the above bit of code in Settings.xml which is auto-generated by Trans. So I was causing my own problems with my typical multi-tasking. The workaround is to load up an adventure with the mod you want to test with the infinite combat screen, then don't uncheck the same mod until you are done testing, and the mod will still auto-load when you re-launch Trans.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

BattleZone?
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Cygnus.X1
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

RPC wrote:BattleZone?
That's the name of one of my favorite mods, but not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the game engine's random infinite combat arena thingie where it throws ships at each other, before you click on (Start)ing a new adventure or (Load)ing a save game.

http://wiki.neurohack.com/transcendence ... aster_eggs

"Intro Screen" is not a good enough title IMO :mrgreen:
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Yeah, we need a better name for it XD
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
s71ck
Anarchist
Anarchist

Transfering my save game from 1.08g straight to 1.08j I got the same sort of crashes present in 1.08g:

Code: Select all

program state: OnAnimate
program state: updating object
obj class: CStation
obj name: Qilin Stargate
obj pointer: 86e7d18
m_pBase: none
m_pTarget: none
m_DockingPorts[0]: 86ab698 Sapphire-class yacht (CShip)
game state: docked

Please contact [email protected] with a copy of Debug.log and your save file. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

10/16/2012 19:15:10	End logging session
10/16/2012 19:15:14	--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10/16/2012 19:15:14	Start logging session
10/16/2012 19:15:14	Transcendence 1.08j
10/16/2012 19:15:18	End logging session
10/16/2012 19:16:40	--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10/16/2012 19:16:40	Start logging session
10/16/2012 19:16:40	Transcendence 1.08j
10/16/2012 19:16:46	Loaded game file version: 1000807
10/16/2012 19:16:48	Unable to continue due to program error.

program state: OnAnimate
program state: updating object
obj class: CStation
obj name: Qilin Stargate
obj pointer: 8721270
m_pBase: none
m_pTarget: none
m_DockingPorts[0]: 87246e8 Sapphire-class yacht (CShip)
game state: docked

Please contact [email protected] with a copy of Debug.log and your save file. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

10/16/2012 19:16:49	End logging session
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I cannot get deviceSlotCategory to work. Ticket reopened.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Oh dear god, do I need to enable each mod individually before a new game now?

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.