New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
YingJanshi
Anarchist
Anarchist

Wooooooo!

Ok I've been waiting for ages for another resolution! Awesome.

Downloaded. Now to play
pip
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

All the Domina key commands changed!
Damn you muscle memory, damn you.... :P

Excellent update though.
Very much a fan of the mark-as-visited thing for wrecks.
callsignthumper
Anarchist
Anarchist

I had 1.10RC1 working until I downloaded and installed 1.10, now neither will initialize on my system. 1.08L opens and runs fine however. Anyone have any ideas as to what the issue might be? Thanks!

-SAC
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Check if they're set to read-only. That happened to me once.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
callsignthumper
Anarchist
Anarchist

Checked both, but neither is set at Read Only. I don't recall doing any system updates recently, but I'm sure its something specific to my system, since no one else seems to be having that issue. I guess I'll have to content myself with 1.08l until the next release and try again (or buy a new computer). Thanks.

-SAC
Lmoy
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

What happened to the Ventari only ionising equipment? They're damaging it again. Was it changed back to damaging equipment at some point after 1.05?

Edit: it appears one of the mods I was using had reversed the change. Now to figure out which one it was.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

a couple of ion weapons in Weapons Extended 5 can damage devices permanently.
Neuromancer
Miner
Miner

Excellent! Also, congratulations!

It's really come a long way since I started playing. The new resolution support is much appreciated, though on mine it's only doing a 1200x1200 square instead of using the full 1920x1200. I'm not sure if that's a bug or intended behaviour. Even without full widescreen support it's still much much better than what it used to be.

The smaller additions are nice as well, and most importantly it will probably nice for modders to have a stationary target to build for for the next little while.
callsignthumper
Anarchist
Anarchist

Well, I got 1.1 to run, but only in XP mode, not Win7. And it doesn't log me in to the server when it runs. Wierd, but it works. :D

-SAC
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm enjoying 1.1, however multiverse simply isn't working for me. I'm getting a "Cannot send command to server" error every login attempt. Firewall is set to allow T to do stuff, so I'm not sure what's going on.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I can't access the Multiverse too. Is it because I'm out of service range? Is the Multiverse global?
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

sun1404 wrote:I can't access the Multiverse too. Is it because I'm out of service range? Is the Multiverse global?
I don't know why some people can't connect; it's either a firewall issue or a proxy issue or something like that.

I have to add some debugging information in the next build. Sorry.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

george moromisato wrote:
sun1404 wrote:I can't access the Multiverse too. Is it because I'm out of service range? Is the Multiverse global?
I don't know why some people can't connect; it's either a firewall issue or a proxy issue or something like that.

I have to add some debugging information in the next build. Sorry.

When I did some debugging on my own, I that the the packets from Transcendence were not being accepted by the server.
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Found a minor thing: When docking with the CSC Terra in Point Juno and entering the vault both "L"oot and "L"eave use the same key. However you can still "L"eave by pressing ESC.
KA101
Miner
Miner

?? The CSC Terra's in PJ now? That's new since 1.06 or so. Or are you referencing Point Juno itself/the CSC Europa wreck?

And I'd call that a fairly annoying "minor" bug, so good catch.

[For the record, I play offline and like it that way, so thanks for not making a net-connection mandatory. Though I do miss the local high-score list...)