1.2 Beta 2

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

going strong with about 20 hours game time (fun weekend)
i've noticed a few changes. those darn phobos appear to be buffed and my fav IM90 seems to have been nerfed somewhere along the way.
the heavy ion cannon now does a whoppping (darn i forgot the exact numbers) it was somewhere around 60+ i think instead of just 18
i also noticed that those neat longhzu spheres that i so painstakingly combed through the galaxy for dont seem to be as helpful as they used to be. i managed to get around 20 of them and thought i'd enhance my IM90 to inifnity and beyond, but it seems infinity stops at +50% for this new version. i remember getting it up to +150% in the previous versions but it doesnt seem to work past 50%, even with an ion capacitor upgrade.. and this holds true for shields. i usually try to get an iocrym veil and enhance it right before i enhance it right after i enhance it till i run out of longhzu but its capped at 50% again.
i think george secretly hates all those seasoned veterans who finish off the game so fast. its going to be much much much tougher to actually get to the end.
still waiting to see if heretic still plays out the way it used to

sidenote from the good ol pre 1.00 days
i was pleasantly surprises when i finally made it to heretic after a few months break when my interest was renewed after seeing there was a new version out, there wasnt any green fuzzy cloud that seemed to want to follow you around and suck the life out of your shield near the heretic stargate. there were people and stations and shiny new iocrym to kill :D
also i used to love the power i got out from the x ray laser. right from around the time the sung started showing up and slaving the good folks,. an early level laser collimator works wonders with an omni turbolaser ( goes well with my lazy and inaccurate style of shooting) and then once you get the x ray i actually feel like aiming properly to start burning holes through every damned ship that dares cross your path. +225% is no joke i tell you, which was actually attainable if i remember correctly, a laser collimator and a +150% enhancement! it was burning out somewhere close to 65x2 laser damage, only drawback was it was laser, and you had to line up the shots.
ah those good days..
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

oh and i had one more thing to say, i was stuck in the system before dantalion because i couldnt find the damn gate, so i used up a gem to get to elysuim and before doing that i took a screenshot of my galactic map to try and pick a gate in elysium that would get me back on track, and i took the pharoah gate (not sure about the spelling) nd i ended up popping into a new system with the gat i just came through titled "elysium stargate"
someone else mentioned something about this. isnt this being incongruent with the way elysium works, and more importantly, are any of us qualified enough to be able to actually say anything about how elysium works?

well, anyhow, that pharoah gate seems to be not connected to any other gate but elysium, i didnt really check properly though because i wanted to find a station to dump my cargo.
so i jumped int the heretic gate and quickly hopped back through the gate to some HD<insert number here> system and i found my way back to dantalion and then the station that i was stuck in. turned out the gate was in some far off extreme, deserted corner of the system that appeared to be completely devoid of anything worth going all the way for.
and also the gates in elysium arent arranged in the same order that they were in the prev versions (1.08 i think)
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Maybe we could make a preliminary "players changelog" for 1.2?

What I gathered so far is
  • new models and texture: Hammerhead II, tinker station, Sotho class gunship
  • ships resized: Borer and Borer II
  • new asteroid and planet graphics
  • a new asteroid type (seems to give titanium, uranium and plast steel ore)
  • weapon enhancement is now limited to +50%
  • new music
What else?
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I ran into an issue when installing devices at a commonwealth station:
If I leave the "install device" dock screen with ESC (Im used to press ESC a few times to rapidly undock) the devices youre trying to get installed gets uninstalled. Also other installed devices may get uninstalled too. I had a cannon accelerator installed which got uninstalled when trying to install an omni turbo laser and left that dock screen with ESC instead of "d"one.

EDIT: It seems a random piece of equipment is uninstalled once the player docks at a station which can install or remove devices. This time my patcher arm was uninstalled, right after installing it again my cannon accelerator was uninstalled. Not really playable like this.

Can anyone reproduce this?
Last edited by CFG on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

one more possible glitch i've noticed in the last playthrough of mine. there were at least 3-4 CSC americas. i get it that america is a superpower and all, but in 3-4 systems i've seen the csc america and in some hyper-space-time continuum they cant all be the same csc because i saw one get destroyed by a phobos and there were still three more csc americas in the neighboring systems..
and there was one csc sahara and thats about it. i couldnt find the one that admiral decker was on, so no lamplighter for me unfortunately.
i think theres a bug with the csc generation or something. i remember there being a csc for almost every continent at one point. but there were no other csc that i came across right up till dantalion
Deltax
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Wow! I am loving the new visuals for weapon projectiles and ships, and the new intro music is amazing! The 50% limit to weapon enhancement should make the late game considerably more difficult as well.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I think you should scale down the Zulus a bit. May be about halfway between the old size and the current one. They're now almost as big as the player, and way too easy to kill. :)
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

durbanator wrote:one more possible glitch i've noticed in the last playthrough of mine. there were at least 3-4 CSC americas. i get it that america is a superpower and all, but in 3-4 systems i've seen the csc america and in some hyper-space-time continuum they cant all be the same csc because i saw one get destroyed by a phobos and there were still three more csc americas in the neighboring systems..\

Umm......North America, South America, Central America....and.....um.......er...

....maybe they thought Alaska was an island. I dunno.

Personally, I've only jsut got this version after a long time being caught up in uni. It's looking nice so far. I might start modding again once I'm out of uni for the summer.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.