1.2 Beta 4

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

downloading....thx a lot George! :)
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Signing up in the Multiverse SUCCESS but.....what does "Error downloading file:Invalid response from server......Value expected in object" mean?
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hi George, whatever you did to this version worked! I have access to the Multiverse now. :)

I got an LP going on for 1.1 tho down at RPG.net, so unfortunately I won't be touching 1.2 too much for awhile. But it's nice to know that I shouldn't have problems connecting anymore.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Ultimate Chicken wrote:Hi George, whatever you did to this version worked! I have access to the Multiverse now. :)

I got an LP going on for 1.1 tho down at RPG.net, so unfortunately I won't be touching 1.2 too much for awhile. But it's nice to know that I shouldn't have problems connecting anymore.
Awesome!

As you know, I've been following your LP eagerly! Everyone should check it out. It's deep in Sung space now and about to start the Huaramarca missions.

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?685 ... the-Galaxy
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Actually, yesterday I checked it and saw he has already done some Huari missions. Almost at Huaramarca now.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

8. Fixed the bug with Charon strongholds being in the inner system.
Well, I actually liked that "bug" and thought it was a feature. I never felt placing stations somewhere way out of the system was the right way.

My suggestion about that particular one:
Just use the charon pirates fortress image for the primary stronghold so the player knows there is something special about it and doesnt destroy it (if he wants to do Korolov missions).
kay.py
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

CFG wrote: My suggestion about that particular one:
Just use the charon pirates fortress image for the primary stronghold so the player knows there is something special about it and doesnt destroy it (if he wants to do Korolov missions).
This would, of course, also require
Spoiler: korolev missions
Is there any way to get that spoiler tag to actually do anything?
edit: Ah, got it- apostrophe is forbidden
Last edited by kay.py on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Spoiler: Funny
[spoiler=This tag is typed manually] As opposed to using the "spoiler=" button. If this doesn't work, then we have a forum bug. :3 [/spoiler]
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The spoilers doesn't work still, at least for me. I see clear words framed in thin black rectangles, but that's not hiding the words inside.
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

click on the spoiler
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Oh I see. Thank you. :lol:
snafu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I like the new tinkers, but I'm not sure if the recipes are all the same or not - one was added as I progressed through the systems. It would be nice to have a stock of 'standard' recipes', with additions depending upon system lvl maybe?
- also the current recipes seem a little expensive to craft: only approx 1KCr profit from selling crafted regen orthosteel to BM? That's.. not good :( Maybe the Rin profit will be better.. I haven't been that far yet

I'd have different tinkers' recipes depending upon which station/system/level system you visit.. with some of the old recipes as standard, and the new ones being variable

The help page needs updating: there's no indication which key to press to bring up the 'galactic map', even in the reward text (I found 'N' by accident). I still don't know how to access the 'captain's log'..

Mining seems far more profitable in the low-lvl systems, but there's no other additions to the process; a pity, since the mining pack hasn't been updated since the 1.04 bugfix a year ago as far as I can see.. :(

On the start page, the Multiverse and Mod Collection buttons both need a little more explanatory text IMO: for Multiverse rather than just 'login' you could have 'create new account' & 'Login to existing account' as 2 selections, with some filler as to what the multiverse does for you. Mod Collection gives no indication what it does at all - does it deal with already d/l'd mods, or does it take you to somewhere where you can d/l them if you have none? Clicking the button isn't very helpful at all if you have none atm, as a new player will find..

Sorry if that isn't very clear; I'm a bit rushed atm..

Otherwise, nice additions! Love the new gfx and analysers :)

Is there any possibility of (sometime in the future - I realise it's too late for this release):

a) a user-placeable 'beacon' that could be dropped in-system, with a brief note to remind the player what to do there, appearing on the map. Maybe a max of 5 per system, to a max of 20 total? Make them 'wares' if you like: relatively inexpensive, approx lvl2 pricing (so they're available from the start but not so cheap as to be mass-bought at the start) and say 250Kg mass?

b) ..possibly coupled with a player accessible 'notebook' in-game accessory to make notes of good mining areas etc (maybe the captain's log does this?)

c) A cursor, visible on the 'M' map and moveable via the mouse, that shows the map coordinates of the cursor's location. This would make note taking much easier, even if it's only used to make notes about certain stations & their contents..

TVM George!

(edited for clarification and readability)
Dom 8-)
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

As far a I know, Captain Log is a mod, and never a feature in the vanilla game. If you have that mod installed, go to your ship's menu screen(S in default), then press L to access the log. The mod automatically keeps notes of every stations you've found and their items, every events you've caused, and also let you make short notes for each star system. It also let you drop beacons anywhere you want to, and name them whatever you want to, so I would recommend this mod for you as it would satisfy most of your requests. About the coordinate cursor on the map, nothing does that yet, but it's a good idea. :D
snafu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

sun1404 wrote:As far a I know, Captain Log is a mod, and never a feature in the vanilla game.
Ah; very nice. Tks for that; however if so I'm surprised it's mentioned in a vanilla mission reward text..

I'm playing with no mods until at least RC1, just in case they break something while testing..
Dom 8-)
Vachtra
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Not sure if this is caught yet but playing 1.2b4 and have a ranx dreadnaught continuing to attack a destroyed rogue fleet cache.
"Have you guys ever watched the show?" ~ Guy