Ten Years of Transcendence

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
TVR
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:26 am

Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:53 pm

I honestly feel like the video trailer is missing something - like it's missing the best parts of Transcendence, or that there aren't enough explosions in it. I think it may be worthwhile to showcase Charon, the Arena or Antarctica, as these parts of the game are likely what space shooter/action game fans want and expect.
Fiction is reality, simplified for mass consumption.
PGP: 0x940707ED, 5DB8 4CB4 1EF5 E987 18A0 CD99 3554 3C13 9407 07ED
Bitcoin: 1LLDr7pnZDjXVT5mMDrkqRKkAPByPCQiXQ

ShaggyMoose
Anarchist
Anarchist
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:58 pm

Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:38 am

Wow, I can't believe I started playing this in 2005! The game has come a long way. Congrats George.

Matt
Anarchist
Anarchist
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:22 am

Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:25 am

Thank you for ten years of awesomeness i had today marked on my calendar as Ten Years of Transcendence and when i logged in here it is
i am making a note for 15 lol keep up the great work

User avatar
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:33 am
Location: Area 51

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:22 pm

Has it really been 10 years? My, my how time flies when you're having fun!

Congrats, George! Looking forward to the future!

EditorRUS
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:30 pm

Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:55 am

I can't believe someone can work on his project for over than 10 years. So, by the way, does George has a life?

george moromisato
Developer
Developer
Posts: 2980
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:53 pm
Contact:

Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:01 am

EditorRUS wrote:I can't believe someone can work on his project for over than 10 years. So, by the way, does George has a life?
I have a life. That's why it took ten years!

Also, welcome back, FAD! It's great to see you around here.

User avatar
Wolfy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5393
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:10 am
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:53 pm

o.o Oh wow! Hey FAD!
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'hycrotan 'nonBinary))
Image
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 2x 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970
Office Systems: 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 3770, 16GB, some old quadro | i5 3210m, 8GB | some i7 macbook
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops

User avatar
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:33 am
Location: Area 51

Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:53 pm

george moromisato wrote:
EditorRUS wrote:I can't believe someone can work on his project for over than 10 years. So, by the way, does George has a life?
I have a life. That's why it took ten years!

Also, welcome back, FAD! It's great to see you around here.
Now that's a million dollar reply to an irrelevent question! :)

I may have frequent internet problems and computer crashes, but that'll never keep me away from one of the very best space games ever created! I downloaded the latest version and have been giving it a good shakedown in vanilla. Got blasted six times and never made it past the third system--I feel like such a n00b! :lol:

There's a lot of changes since my last run and I really like the new look and rework of the Tinkers!

Hey, Wolfy! Good to see you're still around!

User avatar
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:21 am

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:00 am

I just want to say, congratulations on 10 years! I've been playing since beta 0.95b (late 2005 according to Google - I was 13 then, and 21 now! Please don't read my old posts), but haven't played it for a few years. I hope to get back into it, particularly since there appears to have been a fair bit of development in my absence :)

Ooh, and there's DLC now. Not a bad thing, in my opinion. Instant buy at $3!

George, it also seems that you're working on the game full time now? Regardless, I have a question - how are you going to address the issue of ultra-high resolution panels becoming more and more common?

george moromisato
Developer
Developer
Posts: 2980
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:53 pm
Contact:

Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:19 pm

Yugi wrote:I just want to say, congratulations on 10 years! I've been playing since beta 0.95b (late 2005 according to Google - I was 13 then, and 21 now! Please don't read my old posts), but haven't played it for a few years. I hope to get back into it, particularly since there appears to have been a fair bit of development in my absence :)

Ooh, and there's DLC now. Not a bad thing, in my opinion. Instant buy at $3!

George, it also seems that you're working on the game full time now? Regardless, I have a question - how are you going to address the issue of ultra-high resolution panels becoming more and more common?
Great to see you back here, Yugi! And thanks for buying Corporate Command--hope you enjoy it.

I will definitely have to adapt the game for high-res monitors as they become more common. If you haven't yet seen it, try the new beta version (1.3 beta 1: http://kronosaur.com/downloads/TranscendenceNext.zip ) which expands the main screen to the full size of the monitor. Not a perfect solution, but it is a start.

Transcendi
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:19 pm

Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:57 am

Yugi wrote:I was 13 then, and 21 now! Please don't read my old posts
I'd like to echo something very similar to this. :oops:
Though I'm still a bit of an idiot at times even now. :oops:
Was known as Chance on the UTF

User avatar
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:21 am

Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:05 pm

Transcendi wrote:
Yugi wrote:I was 13 then, and 21 now! Please don't read my old posts
I'd like to echo something very similar to this. :oops:
Though I'm still a bit of an idiot at times even now. :oops:
Yeah, I had a look at my posts on the unofficial forums, and ouch there was some painful stuff to read there :p

Post Reply