1.3 Released!

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
Bruno
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Woha... one system before Charon, I happened upon a worrying sight... five(5) Chimeric Charon Pirate Strongholds next to each other, with multiplying Chimeras everywhere!

I invoked Sustain and flew into the middle for fun, the entire screen was filled up completely with Chimeric Vikings, and it took 3 minutes for the computer to process flying one screen...
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

A Few Goofy Moments with the new release : my starting Adventure was the sound.....

Alarm System :
as soon as I neared Lancelot, the multiple Enemy ships caused the Hostile Alarm to go on : freeze the game and my laptop.
this only happened twice : same situation : I use DySy in my games, so if it was going to be a serious problem after the first encounter it would have been unplayable.

MISSING IMAGE :
the Centauri Command Ship : I KNOW it was hated and dying in the game : but like the Original Freighter , I like having this old box flying around. I have always been a fan of keeping this ship in the game for target practice and freighter-like service in poor systems .
Also it is called on by my DySy Retaliation.
Anyway, the game appeared to have the Mask, but not the image itself : so I called on PlayerShip Drones and over-wrote the Command Ship to use the PSD image file so I can see what I am shooting at :)

Also, I thought the Molotok Image was Missing, but one showed up in the Battle Screen when I started the game up :
If I am wrong , then one of the extensions contains the image : I have to look at that.

Line 15: Mismatched open parenthesis :
I can not find any of my Extensions causing this Line 15 problem : it seems to be related to cargo space math but I do not know exactly.

Other then that I like to new sounds, I think Arco is getting old, I took him out flying an Antares V ...not fancy armor or weapons : just the normal stuff you find on any Antares V in game.

I APPRECIATE that the Centauri Raiders could finaslly afford graphics :)
However, I think they should be better funded in later systems before Charon takes over.
And I actually expected this new instructor to be More of a Volkov.. A ship that un-docks or meets you ( like Carlos ) and you basically have a Carlos - like training situation.

I never expected the instructor to just sit there at a station.
Attachments
Trans13.jpg
Trans13.jpg (217.78 KiB) Viewed 12614 times
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The mismatched parenthesis is caused by a mod calling a deprecated dockscreen (&dsLoot;). It will get fixed in Playership Drones (to &dsRPGLoot;), but not immediately because I am busy updating other mods to 1.3.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

PM wrote:The mismatched parenthesis is caused by a mod calling a deprecated dockscreen (&dsLoot;). It will get fixed in Playership Drones (to &dsRPGLoot;), but not immediately because I am busy updating other mods to 1.3.
YES : I Was thinking it had to do with a Mod, but you know PSD would NOT be one of my guesses :) I removed Scuttle Wrecks ( http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=91 ) because I thought it was the most likely suspect and all my own stuff that I been toying with.

I will fix the error myself in all my extensions that use dockscreen calls, I am a Dinosaur and I am sort of attached to the original goodies- THANKYOU for your fast reply.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Is the latest API version 22? I need to update the wiki with this info.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

RPC wrote:Is the latest API version 22? I need to update the wiki with this info.
Yes, it is. Thanks for updating.
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

i think i have a bug with the corporate command gunsan mission. after destroying the chimera station where the guy mentions gunsan at the end of the dialogue. i dock with one of the gunsan ports and if i go to the operation center i just get the generic "nothing is going on here at the moment" response.. did i miss something?
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Corporate Trading Post Order screen cursor is not working. I can't order anything. :(
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Has anyone come across any Heavy Iocrym armor segments? i was playing recently and found a lvl 13 segment in a smashed up ares shipyard. is this part of corporate command or the vanilla ?
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

durbanator wrote:Has anyone come across any Heavy Iocrym armor segments? i was playing recently and found a lvl 13 segment in a smashed up ares shipyard. is this part of corporate command or the vanilla ?
 I’ve actually came across a full set of neutronium at a wrecked station before. That was before I had Corporate Command, so it’s got to be coming from vanilla. …And I was in a Sapphire, too, so I couldn’t use it… -.-

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Erm, Heavy Iocrym Armor segments are basically the ultimate armor in vanilla, not counting the immortal Hierosteel Plates. And since it's strictly only ever equipped on the ICS, which is outside of the QZ, and also is of level XIII, not just X, these things just should not appear anywhere except on the hull of the ICS.

Right? :?
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

durbanator wrote:Has anyone come across any Heavy Iocrym armor segments? i was playing recently and found a lvl 13 segment in a smashed up ares shipyard. is this part of corporate command or the vanilla ?
hmm, not long ago I reported a bug on Teratons selling 'NotForSale items in this thread PM mentioned that notRandom items show up in station's inventory too, which I think is a bug.

~Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

sun1404 wrote:Erm, Heavy Iocrym Armor segments are basically the ultimate armor in vanilla, not counting the immortal Hierosteel Plates. And since it's strictly only ever equipped on the ICS, which is outside of the QZ, and also is of level XIII, not just X, these things just should not appear anywhere except on the hull of the ICS.

Actually, heavy Iocrym armor is only level XII, and neutronium armor is level XI. Both are uncommon, and neither of them are tagged as NotForSale. An Ares shipyard will drop from &trMinorItems10; (which has a levelCurve of 2), so winding up with heavy Iocrym armor looks like it should be entirely possible without bugs or glitches. Unlikely, yes, but possible.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

sun1404 wrote:Erm, Heavy Iocrym Armor segments are basically the ultimate armor in vanilla, not counting the immortal Hierosteel Plates. And since it's strictly only ever equipped on the ICS, which is outside of the QZ, and also is of level XIII, not just X, these things just should not appear anywhere except on the hull of the ICS.

it fell off the back of a ship during First Contact? :P

It makes no IC sense otherwise. The other options would be "left behind after the quarantine boundary was set up" or "shot off the ICS in an attempt to shoot it down"....but the latter is impossible, because the singularity barrier prevents an attack on the ICS until Morgental's team takes it down for the player.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Jeoshua
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

@RPC,

If it fell of the back of the ICS during First Contact, that gives it "Artifact" status. And given that this is a roguelike, using the normal rules for such a thing, that makes them immesurably powerful and also not randomly generated. So yeah. No Iocrym Heavy Plate in random loot tables should EVER be generated, and if so, it would need a way to guarantee its uniqueness.