1.3 Released!

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

1.3 is now released as a stable build. The official announcement is here:

http://multiverse.kronosaur.com/news.hexm?id=554

With this release, the new soundtrack is available to all players. Please go and download it and let me know what you think: http://multiverse.kronosaur.com/transEn ... 3A00820000

As always, thanks to everyone who submitted feedback and bugs!

p.s.: I've also uploaded a new TransData, which will work with API 22 and prior versions: http://kronosaur.com/downloads/TransData.zip
SolarGalaxy
Miner
Miner

The music is great! :D I really like how it fades out when switching soundtracks for the different situations.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

AssumedPseudonym wrote: Typos in Benedict’s “final exam” dockscreen:
Benedict wrote:“There's an Urak outpost at the edge of the system. The Urak never recovered from the plague that hit their colonies. Now they follow a military dictator and fear all outsiders.”I want you to go out there and destroy their outpust.“
 Extra set of quotes before last sentence. No spacing before last sentence. Outpost misspelled. Last set of close quotes look to be open quotes.
 Mostly fixed, but “outpost” is still misspelled as “outpust.”

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

My initial impression is that the soundtrack is too quick to transition from exploration to battle music. The battle music is really dramatic, so my gut feeling is that it should only be triggered when the player is targeted by a capital ship, by a major station, or by a bunch of ships all at once. After all, the player spends a lot of time fighting random patrols that in the grand scheme of things aren't really very important or dangerous. Exploring on autopilot practically guarantees that you will run into enemies every 30 seconds or so, which isn't enough time to get into the exploration music.

Maybe an extra layer of percussion effects at the same tempo as the current exploration track could be faded in, to indicate that there is a fight going on but not a life-or-death struggle.

Edit: All music just stopped completely after half an hour or so.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Congratz, I'm always amazed by how fast you progress from RC1, RC2 to Final!

Cheers,
Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

just noted that the downloadable file is now Transcendence.zip and not TranscedenceNext.zip
we might want that too, so that external websites can always download the latest version ?
Amilir
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:D
I found another silly little bug. After massacring the initial Sisters station for their loot, the standard intro message still plays if you haven't docked before. Would've spotted it earlier, but I was testing Benedict instead of making my standard start.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

digdug wrote:just noted that the downloadable file is now Transcendence.zip and not TranscedenceNext.zip
we might want that too, so that external websites can always download the latest version ?

Isn't TranscendenceNext only used for beta versions? External sites probably shouldn't be distributing the beta anyway.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Coordinate plains originate from stars, and sometimes stars in binary systems get placed in a way that the plains overlap in a weird way. I would suggest that secondaries only get placed at coordinates that are integer x - y values relative to the primary.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Got this error at the destination station of the corporate hierarchy dwarg defense mission.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I’ve got a weird one, here. Just for grits and shins, I turned off the shields and shot at a moon, the one near Starton Eridani that has the Centauri camp. This is the resulting epitaph:
HighScores.xml wrote: <Score name="AssumedPseudonym" shipClass="Terrier-class fighter" genome="1" score="104" epitaph="destroyed by exploding debris from a Lancelot in the Eridani System" time="D:0x0 M:0xf3982" resurrectCount="0" adventureUNID="200000" debug="0"/>
 A Lancelot? You mean there’s more than one? ^.~

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Aeon Blaze brought this one up over on IRC, having issues with side-mounted weapons not attaching to a ship properly. More specifically, the overlays were much closer to the ship’s center than would be expected, and were sort of “drifting” in relation to the ship’s rotation. I tested my own ships and had exactly the problem. Just to be thorough, I checked out the vanilla and CC playerships while I was at it. This is an example of the results I had:
Side-mounted.jpg
Side-mounted.jpg (1.92 KiB) Viewed 18657 times

Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The off centerness is obviously a Z offset problem. Specifically any ship with nonnegligable edge thickness will not have the apparent top surface at z=0 but the overlay placement script assumes that z=0. This is why they center properly on sandstorms, but not the freyr with its high mounted wing.

The only solution to the centering problem is to permit the ship on which they're placed to define their locations.

The width problem almost has to be facing related. Until the problem with the Freyr was found I assumed it was mask bit depth related, but the freyr has a 1 bit mask. Since the code does work on sandstorms and other NPCs that are given side guns the only difference is the facing count.

Unless the CC playerships moved to 8 bit masks, but the vanilla playerships haven't so I assume they haven't either.
Literally is the new Figuratively
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The problem exists with the EI500 as well, I just didn’t get a screenshot of it like I did for the Freyr.

Aeon Blaze
Miner
Miner

AssumedPseudonym wrote:The problem exists with the EI500 as well, I just didn’t get a screenshot of it like I did for the Freyr.
~I took a screenshot of EI500 with side-mounted weapons. And its drifting too.
EI500.PNG
EI500.PNG (3.58 KiB) Viewed 18624 times
~Kate and a Centurion are stuck at the arena wall, the centurion was stuck before i came into the system. And Kate when coming back with Katami, technically Katami never reached the Arena. :)
Stuck.PNG
Stuck.PNG (149.51 KiB) Viewed 18624 times

~In the St. Katharine system, some of the docked ships still had their thrusters on for some weird reasons. :?
docked2.PNG
docked2.PNG (37.14 KiB) Viewed 18624 times