1.5 and Eternity Port now available!

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

JohnBWatson wrote: Bug reports can be sent in at ministry.kronosaur.com, with the same account used here. I've posted a few myself, so feel free to send me a message if you have any questions on the subject.
I've submitted some too. I'm just not sure if I should open 20-30 new ones for minor issues.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Given that it’s the best way to get them noticed and fixed, I’d say go for it. If any of them are very closely related (typos in descriptions/dialogue, for example), you can probably lump those together, though.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Having been on the receiving side of bug-tracking systems I can say: please do not lump separate issues together. It is a recipe for loosing track of them.

There is nothing wrong with lots of minor issues (if you disregard the notification "you have been assigned 60 new issues" email waiting for you on a Monday morning). The good thing about lots of small issues is that they are easy to fix and you end up with a large list of things completed, without having to triple read each issue to makes sure you have got them all.

~Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
Vachtra
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I have to say I am somewhat disappointed with Eternity Port. It isn't really a full game but merely a side quest. It's fully challenging in it's own right but at the same time it's lacking the end after the climatic fight scene.
I've always felt that the vanilla game was more about the Aries (however you spell that) and that the last system was more of a wind down. You take it A B C and it really isn't too hard.
As has been noted this really needs to be integrated with vanilla more like the Hauri sidequest (also challenging in it's own right). Maybe if you have this happen after you have been destroyed if you don't have insurance, 10% chance or so. Or, like the Hauri, after you defeat x amount of Luminous drones/bases.

Also I noticed the gate in St Kat's that was removed (Charon Gate) still left the welcome sign.
"Have you guys ever watched the show?" ~ Guy
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

It's supposed to be several sidequests. There's the two minor ones with Africa and Atlas, with a military ID as reward, as well as two major ones with the ED and the APD, plus the Luminous storyline. The Heretic equivalent is Eternity Port after the chain ends, which will allow you to end the game.
Vachtra
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

It allows you to end the game...

That right there sums up the feel. This is still just side quest stuff. The work that went into this feels more significant but the product lacks a satisfying end. It even knows that.
"Have you guys ever watched the show?" ~ Guy