1.6 Beta 5

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Those superfast dual turbos have been turning up on arena combatants for at least a year or two, although I've never looted one. I believe they'll still do less actual damage than an x-ray laser due to the way attenuation effects interact with rounding. They (and high-ROF weapons in general) would be more impressive if the AI fired them in long, sloppy bursts rather than waiting until they got right on target.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:Those superfast dual turbos have been turning up on arena combatants for at least a year or two, although I've never looted one. I believe they'll still do less actual damage than an x-ray laser due to the way attenuation effects interact with rounding. They (and high-ROF weapons in general) would be more impressive if the AI fired them in long, sloppy bursts rather than waiting until they got right on target.
They do less damage against armor that resist them, but massively more against internals and multihulled stations. Generally though the roundoff is fairly low...the super-turbolaser can make short work of pretty much anyting except a heliotrope frigate for most of the Ungoverned Territories until you start facing heavy Sung ships.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.