Transcendence Developer Tries to Reach the Core

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

AssumedPseudonym wrote:
Arkheias wrote:…in which case they should have just tried viewing the stream at a lower quality.
 I would have been more than happy to have done so, if there were a way to do so on Twitch. That does not seem to be possible, though.
In theory, the method to change quality is as follows:
1. Click the button.
2. Change the quality.
Twitch quality settings.jpg
Twitch quality settings.jpg (8.65 KiB) Viewed 10304 times
In reality, after googling this I found that Twitch apparently only offers the quality options for streamers who are "Twitch Partners", so all hope is lost.

http://www.twitch.tv/p/partners
Cabbage Corp, the only mod with cabbages!

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues related to the Cabbage Corp mod on the GitHub page, the forum thread, in a private message or even on the Xelerus page. Suggestions are fine too.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Arkheias wrote:If it was working for some people and not for others then it was not likely a problem with how the video was being uploaded to Twitch. The problem was therefore likely a result of certain viewers not having a high enough bandwidth to watch the stream in high quality, in which case they should have just tried viewing the stream at a lower quality. The only reason I can think of to upload a lower quality version would be to make the text more readable by playing the game at 720p instead of 1080p so that the text would be larger relative to the resolution.
There is no apparent way to view a stream at lower quality on Twitch.

I suspect Google's equivalent sucks less, but I've heard that it isn't available in some countries because they are stupid about copyrights and someone might possibly stream something copyrighted.
Literally is the new Figuratively
oldmanwynter
Anarchist
Anarchist

I don't know how helpful this will be right now, but Steam supports broadcasting and recording, and viewers can change their stream quality. I've used it before, and it's not bad. I've never recorded with it though.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If it's not accessible to non-users it won't help me.

My stance against online DRM can not be bought out with hats.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Let's not turn this thread into debates about Steam. But steam broadcast would indeed have issues reaching non-steam peeps. Also 1.6RC2 is a bit buggy with steam integration at times.

[Edit: Removed stuff I meant to put in the other thread. Mixed up the two links in IRC]
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
oldmanwynter
Anarchist
Anarchist

I'm almost certain you can watch steam broadcasts online without a steam account. However, non-users who use firefox may be put out. Here is the support article in case anyone is curious. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -TOAK-6497 Of course, if it doesn't work well with the steam overlay, it may be a moot point.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Idea. You know how you post up little news bulletins on the game’s intro screen for events like the release of a major expansion or an upcoming IRC Day? That might be a thing worth doing on Wednesdays to remind people of the stream coming up on Thursdays.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

AssumedPseudonym wrote: Idea. You know how you post up little news bulletins on the game’s intro screen for events like the release of a major expansion or an upcoming IRC Day? That might be a thing worth doing on Wednesdays to remind people of the stream coming up on Thursdays.
I've never seen these notifications. :o
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ttech wrote:I've never seen these notifications. :o
You'll see them if you log out of your multiverse account.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

AssumedPseudonym wrote: Idea. You know how you post up little news bulletins on the game’s intro screen for events like the release of a major expansion or an upcoming IRC Day? That might be a thing worth doing on Wednesdays to remind people of the stream coming up on Thursdays.
That's a good idea, I know I could use the reminder. I've yet to catch one live.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Also, George...you really need to put notices about this (and patches, and questiona nswerings and stuff) on the Steam forums. There's only so much I can do for peeps there.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.