1.6 RC 1

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Bruno wrote:-Mining with the new gadges is very inefficient and cumbersome for the cost, a standard approach of blasting rocks with the laser is much better. But this is already commented on by George in his video.
I agree that mining needs further tweaks. The range of the mining charges probably needs to be increased. The cost might need to be decreased.

I've been following the mining feedback thread: https://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7228
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

george moromisato wrote:The old LRS was 200 pixels in diameter.

The new LRS is 27% of the height of the screen (but never smaller than 200 pixels). I generally run on a widescreen monitor (1920x1080), so the size of the LRS seems OK. But perhaps on a smaller monitor it is too big. I could tone it down (and/or ultimately make it an option).
I play with 1920x1080 widescreen. I was so used to seeing lots of space, then all of sudden, the upper-right part of the screen is constantly blotted out by a black hole radar I cannot shrink (or make mostly transparent). It also makes the HUD asymmetric (and I like symmetry) and ugly. While there are benefits for a bigger LRS, the drawbacks outweigh them for me.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.