The Stars of the Pilgrim HD

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I'm happy to announce the immediate release of The Stars of the Pilgrim HD, a free expansion that adds 120-facings to all major capital ships and freighters--42 ships in all.

Check it out and add it to your collection: http://multiverse.kronosaur.com/transEn ... 3a00830000
Shaman
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

This is nice.
It seems old saves do not get the new facings.

Will all ships be successive be updated? I think I read somewhere that the AI is based upon facings.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

…OooOOOoooh…! I’ve been waiting to see this one. ^.^

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Shaman wrote:This is nice.
It seems old saves do not get the new facings.

Will all ships be successive be updated? I think I read somewhere that the AI is based upon facings.
Unfortunately, it does not work on old saves. [In general, extensions don't get added after you've created a game.]

I will, at some point, add 120-rotations to other ships (probably in the same extension) but not this year. After the changes to rotation/maneuvering in 1.5, the AI should be able to deal with any number of rotation facings.
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

George, I think this extension would be very popular among the players; however, I believe that most don't know this extension even exists. Therefore when 1.6 is upon being released, add this on the main screen of the game. This would attract more attention from players and give new players more interests(assuming that they have uber computers & want high quality gaming).
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Minor graphical bug: The Dwarg Behemoth’s thrust effect is slightly disconnected from the ship itself. The posRadius needs tweaked down by three or four pixels.

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

So far, so good. I like to see the remaining ships upgraded or at least an updated TransArt.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

…Huh. This expansion puts the Xenophobe Defender back into the intro screen. Must’ve dropped its score just enough to fit under the 1,000 point cap, somehow. Now I’m curious what other ships have had scoring changes from this.

EDIT: Only a few, actually, and all pretty insignificantly. The only really noticeable one is the Xenophobe Defender (for the reason mentioned above), and it’s the only one that dropped in score. Here’s the full rundown:

Aurochs-class transport (1,380, up from 1,340)
Charon frigate (540, up from 530)
Kronosaurus (660, up from 635)
Drake-class missileship (270, up from 260)
Xenophobe Defender (995, down from 1,020)

…Sometimes I get the feeling that I have too much time on my hands… ¬.¬;