1.6 Released!

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

With the fix of the (nasty) over-charging-for-buying-armor bug, we've now got a final 1.6 release!

In this release, the following people have been added to the credits:

Aeon Blaze, ahrenjb, bromin, erwgd, Ferdinand, FourFire, JohnBWatson, Kiro, Mage2069, Megas, Nimatek, NMS, SolarGalaxy, StarshipEngineer, and Wolfwalker

Plus I'd like to thank the many players who are already in the credits, but who submitted bugs and suggestions: AssumedPseudonym, Atarlost, F50, giantcabbage, pixelfck, Shrike, TVR, Watch TV, Do Nothing, and Wolfy

Thanks to everyone who submitted bugs!
oldmanwynter
Anarchist
Anarchist

I'm excited. Been holding back from playing the beta builds just so it would still have that "new game smell".
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Well, I bought the steam version.
10% off too, I see.

I'll go test it out later when I get on my Windows netbook.

Also, I'd love to see a Linux version....

EDIT: How do I rate the game? :O
oldmanwynter
Anarchist
Anarchist

If you mean on steam, there should be an option to review it on the store page once you've bought it.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

......can't wait to play on HD.......
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Huh, why can't I find eternity port on my steam game? :|

EP is definitely not downloaded. I just checked the folder.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Blitz wrote:Huh, why can't I find eternity port on my steam game? :|

EP is definitely not downloaded. I just checked the folder.
Yeah, I'm working on it with Valve right now. Should be there soon.
Neuromancer
Miner
Miner

Starting a new playthrough with the HD pack. It looks great so far. I'm a bit set in my ways as far as my playstyle goes so I'm going to try different things this time and see what happens.

If I had to level any criticisms I would say that the background could use a couple of parallax layers to add to the feeling of depth, and I remember you mentioning considering that when you first added the new backgrounds. Other than that, I do think the sounds could use an overhaul, but that's a big job and not likely to be looked at for some time.

On the whole it's looking excellent! Congratulations.
oldmanwynter
Anarchist
Anarchist

Take a look at some of the parallax mods on xelerus. Unfortunately, not all of the objects affected have the new shadow effects.
Dmitry
Anarchist
Anarchist

And I was like " On Steam! Where? ". And I kinda insta-bought it, I should have done that a long time ago.

Dear George, thank you for this amazing game and years of gameplay and all teh YASDs!

Edit: And I have probably found the first con artists in Transcendence. I have found the Burak launcher (but it is probably given to any player who trains under Benedict`s guidance) and it says that the launcher is equipped with a targeting computer that gives tracking abilities to missiles. I have bought compatible missiles and those guys do not track the enemy. What bugs me is that the description says about "optional" tracking abilities.

I think I got scammed by the launcher manufacturer. :D

And no, neither the launcher nor the missiles have the tracking tag. But I see all the WMD X tags, where X is a number, that one might be a bug.
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I do think we need to prod people into leaving positive reviews on steam...
oldmanwynter
Anarchist
Anarchist

If it's any consolation, every single review to date has been positive. Even if there are only 12 of them