1.7 Alpha 1a Update

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Arco's difficulty depends whether he has KM500 Stilettos or not, and possibly if you have targeting program or not. If he has KM500 Stilettos, he can target you before you can likely target him, especially if you do not have targeting, and becomes much more dangerous than normal. If he does not, he is fairly trivial. If you have targeting and an Omni weapon or the SmartCannon (and enough ammo), then Arco is very easy unless he has Stilettos, in which he has the advantage.

Arco's armor has very high resistance to laser and especially kinetic. However, thanks to stochastic damage adjustment recently introduced, damage that used to always round to zero can hit for some damage. Any weapon can be used to kill Arco now, even if it takes a while. Personally, I like to aggro Arco then lure him to Starton where Centurions and/or other guards tear him up like the paper tiger he is.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

PM wrote:Arco's difficulty depends whether he has KM500 Stilettos or not, and possibly if you have targeting program or not. If he has KM500 Stilettos, he can target you before you can likely target him, especially if you do not have targeting, and becomes much more dangerous than normal. If he does not, he is fairly trivial. If you have targeting and an Omni weapon or the SmartCannon (and enough ammo), then Arco is very easy unless he has Stilettos, in which he has the advantage.

Arco's armor has very high resistance to laser and especially kinetic. However, thanks to stochastic damage adjustment recently introduced, damage that used to always round to zero can hit for some damage. Any weapon can be used to kill Arco now, even if it takes a while. Personally, I like to aggro Arco then lure him to Starton where Centurions and/or other guards tear him up like the paper tiger he is.
Yeah, he's a bit too easy to lure for one of the only ships that could be said to have a custom AI. He'll even chase you there without you noticing if you kill enough of the raiders guarding Raisu. He should probably be hard coded to keep his distance from the metropolis, at the very least.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I lure Arco (when I cannot be bothered to kill him myself) to Starton because that is overkill with multiple stations. Any station that is armed (e.g., mining station) and/or has guards (Sisters sometimes has them) will do.

In earlier versions of Playership Drones, I added more loot (portable shipwright) to Arco if the player kills Arco himself. That was my way to discourage me from luring Arco to the slaughter.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.