IRC Day: 26th March, 2016

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

IRC Day: March 2016

Hi everyone. On the 26th of March at 14:00 (PDT), there'll be an 'IRC Day' event. Most people who've been here a while will know what this is about, but for newer folks....IRC day is when George Moromisato comes onto the Transcendence IRC channel (#Transcendence on Freenode) and answers a bunch of questions. Your questions. It's a relatively informal get-together where you can bug him about anything from setting details to modding questions to how his dog is doing. By proxy: We have Ttech around to ask stuff to keep things in order and under control. And at the end it tends to get opened up for a frantic free-for-all just before it ends. It's jolly good fun, and some good info usually comes out from it.

EDIT: IF you don't have an IRC client, use this online one!

If you've got a question you want answered by George, hop over to the Etherpad here and write it down. Be sure to follow the rules/guidelines for questions, or your question may not be asked (or get deleted from the pad). It's an open pad so anyone can write in it, so remember to be polite, identify yourself, and don't edit other people's entries*. :)

To find out when the event is in your timezone, George has provided this useful URL that will convert it for you.

As to the specifics of what happens, whether there'll be any streaming or anything like that....that's up to George (and possibly Adran/Ttech as well), and I honestly don't know. I got drafted in to write this because Ttech's super busy right now.

Get those questions worked out and written down, and we'll see you on IRC day. :)

*I reserve the right to edit stuff myself, because 1: I'm a moderator and 2: I set up the etherpad this time. :P
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

*March

:p
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Xephyr wrote:*March

:p
I definitely meant to do that. Keeping people on their toes. Yes.

(Thanks for that. :P )
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Don't tell me that there is only one IRC Day per year, and it happens at that very same time. Doesn't it happen in the morning? Ever?

Btw can someone ask questions for me if I'm absent? Do all questions go to that pad, or we can ask them over the IRC node?
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

We usually manage to pull off two per year, I think. It does tend to be an afternoon/evening event, though, or at least by North America’s clocks. If you want to be reasonably sure a question gets answered, putting it on Etherpad is the safest bet. If you have technical difficulties with Etherpad for some reason, feel free to drop by IRC and ask one of us to post it on your behalf. We’re nice that way. ^.^ Also, there’s typically a sort of free-for-all session at the end of the event where anyone can ask George something, but some of those can get missed in the chaos.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Thanks for doing this!

Is the text of previous IRC day conversations available to read somewhere? It'd probably be helpful to read it in order to avoid asking questions that have already been answered, and I'd learn a lot from reading it as well.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

gunship256 wrote:Thanks for doing this!

Is the text of previous IRC day conversations available to read somewhere? It'd probably be helpful to read it in order to avoid asking questions that have already been answered, and I'd learn a lot from reading it as well.
You can dig around for logs on the IRC day subforum but I'm not sure how many of the links are functional
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Xephyr wrote:
gunship256 wrote:Thanks for doing this!

You can dig around for logs on the IRC day subforum but I'm not sure how many of the links are functional
Most of them are functional. Certainly the ones that link to forum posts are.