1.7 Alpha 2b

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I've just released a second patch. It should fix the following:

1. Fixes a common crash when an ship is destroyed.
2. Fixes the Steam crash problems.
3. Fixes some minor issues with TransWorkshop.

Thanks for all your bug reports! I truly appreciate them!
PKodon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: "Minocs. I've got a baaad feeling about this.... This is no cave!"

This is a Steam only release? No link for those of us who use Multiverse (and the extra extensions we have on there)?
(BTW, George, I bought it on Steam to help support the game with more than bug reports and suggestions.)

No way to connect to the Multiverse from the Steam version?

I don't see TransWorkshop in the game listing in the Library. How is this supposed to work? Other games I have that have access to the Steam Workshop have a Steam Workshop link in the Library game listing.

Also, I see Eternity Port listed as an extension (with a DLC thumbnail), but not Corporate Command, the Soundtrack, or the HD extension. I only see these in the Mod Collection within the game.

And, I know this is a low priority item, but, we still have an empty space to the left of our online status, where our Avatar should be. There ought to be a way to get the one I use on Steam and display it there, and there ought to be a way to set one for the Forum and Multiverse (should be the same) and show that one if connected to the Multiverse.

PK
"Don't ask ..., I don't wanna know, and I don't wanna care!" - PK
Meet us on IRC --> Image
"... the hornet battlepod is the closest we have ingame to flying into battle in a wheelbarrow
with a bathtub nailed upside down to the top of it to provide armor."
- The Shrike
PKodon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: "Minocs. I've got a baaad feeling about this.... This is no cave!"

Oh, and, I like the keyboard settings page, but I think there are other settings that need to be addressed from the main menu, as well, for instance, audio (especially separate volumes for music and game sounds).

PK
"Don't ask ..., I don't wanna know, and I don't wanna care!" - PK
Meet us on IRC --> Image
"... the hornet battlepod is the closest we have ingame to flying into battle in a wheelbarrow
with a bathtub nailed upside down to the top of it to provide armor."
- The Shrike
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

A quick post to say that the additions to the Galactic Map are excellent. Very helpful.

Using the mouse wheel to zoom the system map is good too.

The new Commonwealth Stations (residentials, medical, agricultural) look awesome and the variation in markings are great to help with identifying them. Because they are larger now, sometimes they look a little crowded where there are a few of them close together (eg Eridani, St.Kats).
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!