1.7 Beta 1

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Transcendence folder.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

DigaRW wrote:Transcendence folder.
Thanks for info.
NH620
erwgd
Miner
Miner

The first new mission from Benedict can be punishing if you're still relying on a SmartCannon+missiles, which is quite likely if you get the mission before Rigel Aurelius.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

erwgd wrote:The first new mission from Benedict can be punishing if you're still relying on a SmartCannon+missiles, which is quite likely if you get the mission before Rigel Aurelius.
Depends on your ship. New mission 1 is brutal for anything that can't outrun the gunships.

New mission 2 is similarly brutal for anything that isn't very fast and equally well armed - it can go on nearly forever if you're unlucky. It's also got the docking ports issue that presently makes it impossible to complete. I've still got no idea how that survived testing.

New mission 3 is the last one I've tried. I'm not sure if it can come from safer sources, but getting it from an armored CW colony instantly gets you killed. You may also wish to get rid of the guards before docking.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

No autoupdate by Multiverse for me. Idk why lol
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Great stuff. I thought the megayacht looked good, but the Excruciator destroyer looks even better. Awesome looking ship.

Belated praise for the Galactic Map station list too. It's one of the best improvements to the game ever IMO.

And the changes in the HUD elements when you change sovereigns in the Benedict mission are excellent.

Domina gives feedback on which donated items "are useful to" them. (although this may have been there for ages, I don't use Domina). Very helpful.

Quick notes:
Containers like the ones you find around Korolov stations no longer appear on the LRS.
KM100s don't have a markup when nearly everything else does.

Keep up the good work. The results are worth it.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

george moromisato wrote:Beta 1 is ready for download: http://multiverse2.kronosaur.com/news.hexm?id=1720

Originally I was going to call this Alpha 3, but since it has the Benedict missions, and since we're close to 90% feature complete on 1.7, I think it's time to call it Beta.

As always, please let me know of any bugs (post to Ministry or reply to this message).

From now until the end of the year I'll be working on Part II and I'll be making slightly more regular releases.

Thanks to everyone who contributed!
CAPS ONLY EASIER TO TYPE. THAT BEING SAID I HAVE BEEN TRAVELING FROM ERIDANI TO RIGEL AURELIUS SEVERAL TIMES (4-7) AND I NOTICE THAT CERTAIN STATIONS (CORPARATE ENCLAVE, CHOC AND SOME COMMON WEALTH) WHEN I TRY TO SELL ITEMS WOULD SHUT THE GAME DOWN. IN THE ENCLAVE STATION ILLEAGL ITEMS COULD BE SOLD , BUT CORPARATE LEVEL WILL SHUT DOWN GAME. NEED TO SEND DEBUG LOGS, CAN I ADD THEM HERE AND IF NOT IN MINISTRY WHERE WOULD I PUT IT? ALSO THIS HAPPENS WITH OR WITHOUT MODS AND SEPARATE VANILLA GAMES.
NH620
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

relanat wrote:Great stuff. I thought the megayacht looked good, but the Excruciator destroyer looks even better. Awesome looking ship.

Belated praise for the Galactic Map station list too. It's one of the best improvements to the game ever IMO.

And the changes in the HUD elements when you change sovereigns in the Benedict mission are excellent.

Domina gives feedback on which donated items "are useful to" them. (although this may have been there for ages, I don't use Domina). Very helpful.

Quick notes:
Containers like the ones you find around Korolov stations no longer appear on the LRS.
KM100s don't have a markup when nearly everything else does.

Keep up the good work. The results are worth it.
I appreciate all feedback, but I really appreciate positive feedback :)

Thank you!

p.s.: I've fixed the bug with the containers--thanks!
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

BTW: I've fixed some of the major bugs and am planning on releasing a new build today or tomorrow. In particular, the ugly crash bug in dock screens is fixed.