1.7 Beta 1

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Beta 1 is ready for download: http://multiverse2.kronosaur.com/news.hexm?id=1720

Originally I was going to call this Alpha 3, but since it has the Benedict missions, and since we're close to 90% feature complete on 1.7, I think it's time to call it Beta.

As always, please let me know of any bugs (post to Ministry or reply to this message).

From now until the end of the year I'll be working on Part II and I'll be making slightly more regular releases.

Thanks to everyone who contributed!
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Just downloaded this, but since I also downloaded and started my first game of Endless Sky a few days ago (thanks to the topic elsewhere), Endless Sky will get played through first, then I will try Transcendence v1.7b1 and update mods later.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Are "Matriarch's Chamber" and "Talk to Benedict" supposed to be interchangeable?

From the code, it looks like they function identically (and indeed they do), but I'm not sure if that's intentional. Having two options for the same thing can be a little confusing.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Winter is here, so naturally... I am Back :)

Nothing beats Transcendence for the long nights in Alaska.

However .....
As addressed before such new effects like the "Vampire Spikes" of Kinetic weapons -
not appreciated.

I will have to restore the older effects in order to tolerate the game visually.

Until I get around to copying over the effects from Midst of Dragons, I will put the new download on hold.

Update: I did it...http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1564
NOW I will get in the ship and treasure yet another night of all the hard work you people have been up to.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Got everything set up, I'll see what I can break.

One complaint I would have is that the Excruciator has the same armor/shield setup as quite a few existing capital ships...and it's basically identical to a Tripoli. I'd suggest maybe swapping it to something else in the name of equipment diversity (which is kinda lacking in vanilla). I'm already messing with the missions for SM&M++ (since my Aquila is different to the stock one, I have to rebalance at least the final mission) so I might play with the armor and shields a little as well.

New EI7000 graphic looks Ok, dunno how it matches with the chimeric varient, and it now clashes a bit with the EI100, 200 and 500.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Xephyr wrote:Are "Matriarch's Chamber" and "Talk to Benedict" supposed to be interchangeable?

From the code, it looks like they function identically (and indeed they do), but I'm not sure if that's intentional. Having two options for the same thing can be a little confusing.
MC also works for other stations - it works like the meeting halls of other stations, giving you a mission if one's available and some flavor text otherwise.

I like the randomization of flavor text here - it may be worth adding to some other factions, so that not being given a mission is a bit less of a letdown.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm having a bit of trouble with default playerSettings.

Can we specify them in a ship type in a starting class? I can't find a UNID for them.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

All my saves (including registered) refuse to load, with the message "Unable to find type: 400a (missing mod?)". That appears to be itNeutroniumPlate. Was there a change in whether the compatibility library is loaded?
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Can anyone give me code and image resources of this version, please? I can't using TransData.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

DigaRW wrote:Can anyone give me code and image resources of this version, please? I can't using TransData.
Same here!
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks a lot Xephyr.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

NMS wrote:All my saves (including registered) refuse to load, with the message "Unable to find type: 400a (missing mod?)". That appears to be itNeutroniumPlate. Was there a change in whether the compatibility library is loaded?

I'm getting the same message. Also I download a new ITune update which moved music files to itself. When I login game updated and / or reinstalled file. Then I couldn't access the game I was playing before , sent possibly bug to bug tracker debug log attached. I also tried to install mods to game and couldn't find extension file so, I downloaded them in the collection file is that ok?

Going to uninstall game then reinstall in 2-4 days from today. If answer isn't found for bug.
NH620
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:Then I couldn't access the game I was playing before
You'll often have trouble using save files across versions (especially with unstable releases). If you want to avoid this then you should stick to the last stable release (1.6.4).
NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:I also tried to install mods to game and couldn't find extension file so, I downloaded them in the collection file is that ok?
The extensions folder isn't made automatically, you should just make the extensions folder yourself.
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Xephyr wrote:
NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:Then I couldn't access the game I was playing before
You'll often have trouble using save files across versions (especially with unstable releases). If you want to avoid this then you should stick to the last stable release (1.6.4).
NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:I also tried to install mods to game and couldn't find extension file so, I downloaded them in the collection file is that ok?
The extensions folder isn't made automatically, you should just make the extensions folder yourself.
Thanks for the info. When I create extension folder do I put it in transcendence folder or collection folder?
NH620