1.7 Beta 5

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

1.7 Beta 5 is ready! This release is mostly a bug-fix release, but it does have two new features:

1. The buy/sell screens now have tabs that let you separate devices/armor from other items.
2. The Battle Arena has new music.

In addition, all the official extensions have been updated (with mostly minor fixes), so please wait for them to download before playing.

The complete list of fixes is here: https://ministry.kronosaur.com/program. ... sed&tag=76

The next release will likely be the first release candidate for 1.7. If you find any serious bugs that you want addressed in 1.7, please add them to Ministry (if not already there) or add a comment on an existing bug.

Thanks to everyone who helped on this release!
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

There's quite a high pixel count on the stargate map still.
Also the weapon to system progression is a bit rough - you don't get enough armor/weapons before it gets almost too hard to proceed.

love the new systems and enemies/friendlies!
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Questions:

1. I'm fairly sure of this but just to check: the increased granularity on stealth does not alter the scale itself (ie. a 1-7 scale), rather tha values assigned to each of the 7 possibilities?

2. Do you plan (eventually) to expand the anti-overlap system to cover times when stations will spawn perfectly overlapping each other? This happens rarely, but often enough to be noticed with things like Dwarg.

3. What happens when a non-static ship recieves a 'sentry' order? Can this be used in place of 'hold position' to make autons fire their guns when ordered to wait?
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

1.7 beta 5 crashes immediately on start. This is in wine on Linux. Previous version 1.7 beta 4 worked flawless.

I'll see if I can get it to work somehow, but I think this is a very serious bug. Will post it on the ministry.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ferdinand wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:23 am
1.7 beta 5 crashes immediately on start. This is in wine on Linux. Previous version 1.7 beta 4 worked flawless.

I'll see if I can get it to work somehow, but I think this is a very serious bug. Will post it on the ministry.
 As someone else who plays on Linux via Wine, I can get the game to run. I did add a comment to that ticket with a longstanding issue of my own, though.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Daneel
Anarchist
Anarchist

1.7 beta 5 and Vault of the galaxy alpha, Love it.

The Sapphire needed the scanners, thanks for adding default. Reenu Outposts having warriors was a suprise from yesterdays game(and reading the other topic about lowering shields in the first system).

yesterday's game with the biotech was great, hope this new revision gives the second adult phase a new name, cargo mass that's not 0, along with maybe some new Symbiotes? :D

Also, many thanks for releasing Vault of the galaxy at alpha, it's made my 2017. Much <3
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

[Edit- I see that these have already been reported and fixed]

I'm seeing a lot of non-animating thruster effects from ships parked at stations and some strange behavior where missiles (particularly MAGs?) sit stationary in space. I don't recall this happening in 1.7b4 but maybe I wasn't paying attention.
Bruno
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

How do you operate the buy/sell tabs without using the mouse??
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Bruno wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:34 pm
How do you operate the buy/sell tabs without using the mouse??
 You don’t. Alternately, you wait for 1.7b6 to come out and use the left/right arrow keys or Tab key — earlier today, George resolved the ticket I had put up about that very issue. As of right now, though, inventory tabs require mouse usage.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Great stuff.

The mousewheel scroll of itempicker lists is excellent. Much needed and much appreciated.

The weapon/targeting display looks great. It really helps with knowing how damaged enemies are. A very nice touch when the stats turn red when they get low, too.

New Repentants look good. I really like the curving appearance of their tails. Adds a 3D dimension.

Item lists categories are great too. Could we have the "All" category set as default, please. One station (weapons, I think) comes up with a blank screen.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!