Transcendence 1.7 Released!

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Red wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:09 pm
If I update, will I lose my current game?

Edit - Well ok I got to keep my game (It updated for me) but now the blasted Ares Shipyards regenerate at an alarming speed! My snipe and run away tactic is all but useless now! :x Boo with that addition!

P.S. I do like the graphics and my weapon upgrades seem to be more upgraded which is great.
The station repair rates are totally unrealistic. They should not be repairing while being fired upon ::
I have had stations repairing as fast a I could fire on them, but originally thought it was "Just me "
then I went back with a Targeting ROM - it wasn't me, it was them.

So, yes, While I understand there is a push for the player to use stronger weapons, taking the cheat on repairing stations while under attack is just insane. the CSC never repaired while under attack....Huarin Destroyers don't repair while under attack - the Player doesn't repair while under attack.....

Anyway, all we can do is hope somebody decides it's time to leave the Tempus alone and take a good look at what a wreck of a universe the Black Market has left in it's wake of cheap thrills.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The player can outrepair damage sources - patcher arms and the Iocrym equivalent can serve this role.

That said, balancing station attacks could be better done by reducing the range/accuracy of some anti - station weapons, and giving station guards the speed and persistence necessary to chase down a player trying to tap a station to death.
Red
Miner
Miner

shanejfilomena wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:52 pm
Red wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:09 pm
If I update, will I lose my current game?

Edit - Well ok I got to keep my game (It updated for me) but now the blasted Ares Shipyards regenerate at an alarming speed! My snipe and run away tactic is all but useless now! :x Boo with that addition!

P.S. I do like the graphics and my weapon upgrades seem to be more upgraded which is great.
The station repair rates are totally unrealistic. They should not be repairing while being fired upon ::
I have had stations repairing as fast a I could fire on them, but originally thought it was "Just me "
then I went back with a Targeting ROM - it wasn't me, it was them.

So, yes, While I understand there is a push for the player to use stronger weapons, taking the cheat on repairing stations while under attack is just insane. the CSC never repaired while under attack....Huarin Destroyers don't repair while under attack - the Player doesn't repair while under attack.....

Anyway, all we can do is hope somebody decides it's time to leave the Tempus alone and take a good look at what a wreck of a universe the Black Market has left in it's wake of cheap thrills.

Honestly it has made the game a little unfair as I was far outgunned to start with but with the repair rate I had no chance at all to win - the station had guns, six station protection things, three Ares Destroyers and on other big gunship. How was the heck I supposed to get anywhere with that against me?
Life isn't worth living without a little passion - Red
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The current trick is to thin out the defenders(the turrets are never replaced), and then level the station with a high DPS, high WMD weapon. While it's good to see the old 'hit it a few times with a howitzer, run off, then do it again when the defenders wander back home' exploit fixed, I can think of some alternative ways to make fighting shipyards more immersive.

Having the resupply freighters top off a variable needed to create the more powerful ships, which decrements when they are created, could allow players to starve out shipyards and avoid having to fight too many enemies at once. Having shipyards try to defend these freighters could give players a way of thinning out their defenders without having to fight too many at once. Increasing the speed of some of their defenders, and making them more aggressive and persistent if the station has been attacked before, could resolve the exploit with lower regen rates.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

yes, it had forced me to go ahead and get the NAMI Heavy Launcher & buy both from the Black Market & CSC ships to reload it : but while I agree that the higher level stations should not be a paper target - the repairing while taking fire from anybody is a total cheap trick and risks losing the player's will to carry on with a particular game if they feel they can't win that particular game .

It doesn't look good to have player's self destructing or quit game after game simply because the heavy weapons needed aren't always available ( even at the Black Market )

I have had games where there was Nothing available that was more powerful then stock civilian weapons and trying to take on a Curator's station with a repairing rate that activates while under attack .....no way that station is going to crack.

I remember racing to the Ringers and hoping the Ventari or Worldships could give me something I could use.....

seemed the only time I could get a good weapon drop was when they were available for sale someplace as well.

Just...very dis - Enchanting .....

I haven't even tried the game since I got Eternity Port recently ,
( Oddly enough, there is still too much day light, the sun shows up at 9am until 4-ish : very odd for this time of year.We should have no more then 3-4 hours of daylight by now. When the sun finally goes down for winter I will play again )
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..