1.8 Alpha 4 is ready!

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I've just uploaded Transcendence 1.8 Alpha 4 and a corresponding Alpha 4 of Vault of the Galaxy!

I had hoped to be further along in VotG, but as always my ambition is greater than my actual output. Still, I'm very happy with the progress and I hope you'll enjoy some of the new allies and enemies (though they are still mostly unfinished).

As for the core engine, Alpha 4 has a bunch of fixes, including optional libraries, the new Point Juno image, and the new Ares sentries.

The full list of fixes: https://ministry.kronosaur.com/program. ... sed&tag=93
API 39: https://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=74282

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release, but particularly NMS, giantcabbage, Archcannon/0xABCDEF, and heliogenesis, who contributed source code changes.

Thank you all and have a wonderful holiday season!
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I had problems downloading the tdb files. On my first two attempts, everything seem to download just fine, but when I ran Transcendence, Corporate Command was disabled due to 'requires new version...' error, and VotG is not even offered. Before my third attempt, I removed the updated tdb files for the clean install, and that time, the tdb files seem to be fine, and I can select Corporate Command and view VotG.

Time to see what is new.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Update: Seems alpha 4 is not operational after all.

I moved the alpha 4 stuff to my offline dev computer, installed it, and it does not recognize the tdb files as alpha 4. I went back to the computer where I downloaded the alpha 4 files and ran Transcendence because it could run alpha 4 immediately after download. It turns out that cannot find them either.

So far for me, Alpha 4 works as long as I stay connected to Multiverse immediately after download, but after I exit Transcendence and restart, alpha 4 does not work.

Update #2: I connected to Multiverse again and it is downloading the tdb files yet again. Once again, I can play as long as I select New Game immediately after download, but as soon as I exit Transcendence, then re-run it, Corporate Command is disabled and VotG is unavailable. I give up.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Sorry about that. I'll take a look.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Quick note: Transdata could extract the files from the new tdb files, which means the tdb files were downloaded. The Transcendence executable, which reads 1.8 alpha 4 on the intro screen, simply refuses to use them except immediately after download on Multiverse.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I did a quick test of updating a mod to use api 39, and 1.8a4 rejected it like Corporate Command and VotG. Turns out that 1.8a4 does not accept api 39. I posted a ticket about this.

george moromisato
Developer
Developer

PM wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:26 am
I did a quick test of updating a mod to use api 39, and 1.8a4 rejected it like Corporate Command and VotG. Turns out that 1.8a4 does not accept api 39. I posted a ticket about this.
That's very helpful. Turned out to be a bad version number in Transcendence.xml (which I didn't think would have such bad ramifications).

I've uploaded a new version which should help (you'll need both a new Transcendence.exe and Transcendence.tdb). If you sign in, it should prompt to download an upgrade. It should NOT force a new download of CC or VotG (hopefully).

Thanks and sorry!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ok, I got it after reading and initially did get issues trying to download - probably during George's efforts to get things fixed.......

Anyway, I got it -----found two ship items that I figured requires attention.

The Centauri Command Ship Image is missing - only the Mask is still in the game

And there is a mysterious nameless ship with no weapons, etc.

I uploaded the images to Google Photos
( I had used imgsrc.ru for years, but they have become unreliable & very rude )

here is the photo share link ( I am new w/ Google Photos )

https://photos.app.goo.gl/H0rYStnEgLyfrUZ82

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ey8QVdNL90QPe3Ak2

--------------------------

btw :
I used the Transdata & .Bat thing that I had used on other versions , I did not download anything new except the latest version ( which I got using the link for the previous version, because obviously George was tinkering while I tried to get it using the game update ) and no problems .

I will put the source for this latest version in my Google Drive Transcendence Extension folder

the folder .zip is reading huge 48Mbs .......give me a few minutes

Ok, I removed the Image resources : 890Kbs in a .zip - it's going up now.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

If that link toasts, let me know
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yay, thanks. What a great xmas present!

Initial impression of the trading computer is 'excellent'. Very helpful info.

And the new Pt Juno image is great, especially the dockscreen background image which gives a different point of view.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Is there a list of the new features in this version, e.g. the new Point Juno image and the trading computer? I couldn't find one on Ministry, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Edit: I'm also having trouble finding a download. Could you add a link to alpha posts?
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

JohnBWatson wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:56 pm
Is there a list of the new features in this version, e.g. the new Point Juno image and the trading computer? I couldn't find one on Ministry, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Edit: I'm also having trouble finding a download. Could you add a link to alpha posts?
I got a copy of the .zip on my Google Drive Extensions Folder.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

JohnBWatson wrote:I'm also having trouble finding a download. Could you add a link to alpha posts?
Yes, that would be good.

It's always the same link but easier if it's right there.
Here it is from the 1.8a3 topic: https://kronosaur.com/downloads/TranscendenceNext.zip

Here's the Transdata link: https://kronosaur.com/downloads/TransData.zip (unchanged from 1.8a2 I think).

And because I find it useful, the ministry link to Transcendence Dev: https://ministry.kronosaur.com/program.hexm?id=1

Also the new ships and stations in VOTG are awesome. Some are creepy, some are high-tech; they all look great.

And the new weapon fire effects and hit effects are sensational, of particular note are the singularity weapons fire and the quad fire from one of the smaller ships; excellent.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Here's a bug fix for the Corporate Manufacturing stations. Just add the attached mod to your Extensions folder and select it when starting a game and the stations will have goods in them.
Attachments
ManufPlantBugFix.xml
(8.84 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
Sasoko
Anarchist
Anarchist

So, where do you go from here? :)

The game looks great as it is, can't wait for all the content to be added. Great work George!

Cheers
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

relanat wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:27 am
Here's a bug fix for the Corporate Manufacturing stations. Just add the attached mod to your Extensions folder and select it when starting a game and the stations will have goods in them.
For many games the manufacturing station would sometimes spawn without goods for sale,

I remember this from 1.0 So I would never have noticed if it were an error ( unless the station doesn't produce anything )