1.8 Beta 1 is ready!

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Oddball wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:34 am
Ordered a laser collimater @ CTS it arrived and was loaded into the hold, except it wasn't actually loaded. Apparently disappeared into thin air.
So if you select the Order action again, do you get the "Sorry, only one order per customer..." message? Looking at the code, I don't see how that would be possible without the item being added to your ship.
Oddball
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Yes I did check and yes it tells me only 1 order per customer.
Oddball
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Flying E1500 is now very challenging. You can't mine in the early game with the change to solar armor. Fuel is tight at best of times and now no cash or early upgrades for the ship. I notice at almost every weapons dealer there is turbo lasers for the saphire and wolf. How come there are not better omnidirectional weapons for the E1500? Lastly since there are no affordable upgrades, why are the outlaw ships so strong. 2 or 3 Ormono gun ship will destroy your E1500 before can destroy 1. You may have been able to purchase a laser collimator, or a cannon accelerator, or a monopole deflector then again maybe not. Most of the time you have at least the DM1500 launcher you get from raisu station. The km500 missles damage has been lowered but it will kill 1 gun ship eventually. I personally think the oromo gun ships are certainly over defended and definately their speed is enhanced well beyond the speed of an E1500 without a titan 440. Especially when ambushed in the next or 2nd system after leaving the eridani system.
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

EI500 with smartcannon from Benedict has no problems with Outlaws at all. Their armor (ceramic) is weak against kinetic.
Oddball
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Ferdinand wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 9:38 pm
EI500 with smartcannon from Benedict has no problems with Outlaws at all. Their armor (ceramic) is weak against kinetic.
Early game the E1500 is slow, uses a ton of fuel, and does not have any upgrades. Most games you can not complete the benedict or even raisu quest. I ask why you do not treat the E1500 the same as you do the other ships. Other ships have superior weapons and affordable upgrades to their engines in most starting games and the wolf can outrun most threats. It is why most of the players I suspect only play that ship. Not to be rude but telling me the E1500 when equipped with an enhanced smart cannon has no trouble with 3 outlaw ships does not address the fact they are too powerful for an E1500 in its basic config. This is the normal state when leaving the eridani system. I have played over 500 game starts. It is the only way I can check out all the subtle changes.
The game regeneration IMPO needs to be vastly improved. 8 straight new games with the similar starts and final destruction in the 3rd system by oronomo ships just appearing near or around the player ships is very sad indeed. 12 starts with only the enhanced video rom at the beginning and the same 2nd system forum alhaut gets old fast. I have tried clearing the computers cache but it didn't seem to change the repetitive game starts. I understand most players are modding the games with all the changes I wonder how many players like myself you have left only playing vanilla games?
Anthonym24
Anarchist
Anarchist

I seem to be having a problem downloading the files it say the website was not found I've tried multiple browsers to no avail.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Anthonym24 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 5:26 pm
I seem to be having a problem downloading the files it say the website was not found I've tried multiple browsers to no avail.
Same here. Can't get Transdata either. Possibly server maintenance or something. Try again in a couple of hours. I don't think it will be down for long.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Oddball wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 3:46 pm
Early game the E1500 is slow, uses a ton of fuel, and does not have any upgrades. Most games you can not complete the benedict or even raisu quest. I ask why you do not treat the E1500 the same as you do the other ships. Other ships have superior weapons and affordable upgrades to their engines in most starting games and the wolf can outrun most threats. It is why most of the players I suspect only play that ship. Not to be rude but telling me the E1500 when equipped with an enhanced smart cannon has no trouble with 3 outlaw ships does not address the fact they are too powerful for an E1500 in its basic config. This is the normal state when leaving the eridani system. I have played over 500 game starts. It is the only way I can check out all the subtle changes.
The game regeneration IMPO needs to be vastly improved. 8 straight new games with the similar starts and final destruction in the 3rd system by oronomo ships just appearing near or around the player ships is very sad indeed. 12 starts with only the enhanced video rom at the beginning and the same 2nd system forum alhaut gets old fast. I have tried clearing the computers cache but it didn't seem to change the repetitive game starts. I understand most players are modding the games with all the changes I wonder how many players like myself you have left only playing vanilla games?
The EI500 requires a totally different strategy to be played effectively. It is slow, but this does not harm its trading capacities and that is where it shines. I never have trouble with the EI500 because I use it as a trading platform that because of that has a very slow start. You cannot rush trough Eridani or any of the first systems mopping everything up with your standard layout. Instead you go slow, trade everything that is even marginally profitable (yes multiple trading runs to/from mining stations etc.) loot and sell everything,also anything damaged (except something you can use to upgrade your ship with) and continue doing that all the time up to Rigel. Usually I leave Eridani with upgraded armour (best available) and weapons. I leave the shield for later (usually have it off to save fuel, except when fighting) until I can afford the fuel to leave it on (usually that happens around the second system)
This makes sure you get all the credits you need. You can upgrade everything as you go. But you NEED to trade with the EI500 to make it work. Be prepared to do backtracking to optimise trading.
The trading computer makes this strategy very effective. You will be insanely rich (for the level) when you reach Rigel and can afford to buy the best weapons, armor and shields available.
But still, in the beginning many enemies can easily kill you, avoid fighting in the first three systems as much as possible until you have at least good armor.
I play mainly pure vanilla, without mods (well.. I have the Osaka enabled usually) But when testing I only play vanilla.
Oddball
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Thanks for fixing the random generator it is greatly appreciated. I have never been insanely rich when I reach rigel, unless I have a fuel station selling 14 to 16 credit fuel rods somewhere along the way. :) Unlimited fuel really frees up the stress in playing the E1500.
Oddball
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

New start E1500
Once the first quest sent me to Arco Vaugn
Once the first benedict quest after station quest sent me to Urak station.

This change just started in the last week or so. New start . Eridani system basic E1500 no upgrades. Turning off the shield after an attack mission while returning for reward does not lessen fuel consumption (Last week I could save enough fuel to do all quests except benedict smart cannon and raisu vaugn quest). Now I have to refuel at least once. Fuel rod consumption for me is a guess it is not possible to calculate fuel per ly that I am aware.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've also played a game where Benedict has sent me to the Urak station early as one of the (usually) Centauri/Charon station destruction missions. But the code handled it perfectly.
It might be worthwhile excluding Arco though. That could be a bit tough for a beginner.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
Oddball
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

LogIin screen last version space bar cycled through ships in the multiverse. Beta doesn't seem to have that feature,
yet, too bad twas an easy way to learn about the different ships.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The N key still does that on the intro screen, and has as far back as I can remember having played. I never knew the spacebar would do the same thing.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Direct question for George: do any steps need to be taken to ensure that Multiverse is GDPR-compliant?
Oddball
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

AssumedPseudonym wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:57 pm
 The N key still does that on the intro screen, and has as far back as I can remember having played. I never knew the spacebar would do the same thing.
Ha never new about the n key lol