1.8 Beta 3 is Ready!

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Updated to 1.8 Beta 3.3. This fixes a couple of minor regressions:

Possible docking code regression
No more Watch Your Targets message
Armor bonus applied twice
After upgrading Jenna, ended up with a second Ronin/C
Domina item donations broken

NOTE: The bug with ship brokers in VotG is not yet fixed--that requires a new version of VotG.
The Lone Badger
Anarchist
Anarchist

This might be a dumb question, but is the alpha for VOTG an open one? If so, where can I actually download it?
Anonymous32
Anarchist
Anarchist

The Lone Badger wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:38 am
This might be a dumb question, but is the alpha for VOTG an open one? If so, where can I actually download it?
See here https://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7921
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Hello again, after years of not playing i decided t take another look at the new changes that have come out since eternity port, i really love the fact that you can change ships and i quite like the corvette ship, i found out that if you install the IM90 on it after removing the omni Tev it becomes a linked fire weapon so i saved up to get two of them and enhanced both quite a bit to deal with the swarms of ares around the communes and shipyards.. all was going well and i was quite well equipped for taking on the heretic system and its challenges.
Since its been years since i've been to the heretic system i forgot about the pteravore lairs which destroyed the svalbard explorer and i think i hit a bug where i couldnt take kate and her crew to the command post around the sun. Soon enough the iocrym sentinels destroyed all the other stations and but i managed to get the iocrym artifact from the xenophobes and i screwed up the neurohack on the archive. i have 2 heretic research ROMs but i dont know what to do to remove the quarantine and face the big bad command ship. i saw something about being able to find the third ROM from a random sentinel wreck once they start coming after you, but seeing as how the command post is empty and i cant transfer the equipment from kate's ship to the command post im not sure if i'll be able to complete my permadeath run..
Any advice? im not entirely sure if this is a bug or not..
Anyhow, im glad that this game is still being developed and worked on :)
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hi, durbanator. I had a quick look and was able to reproduce what happened to you. Unfortunately it is a bug. https://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=83221

If you can open the debug console, try this.
Dock with the Iocrym Control Point then type into the debug console:

Code: Select all

(objSetData gSource 'stationmaster 'kateMorgental)
Press enter and "True" should appear underneath that line of code.
Press 'F9' to exit the debug console and then enter the "Central Chamber". Kate and her team should be there. And the missions can continue.
This worked in the game I had running. Any problems either post here again or go to the Discord that has been set up. There is usually someone around on that who might be able to help.

Hope that helps and thanks for reporting it. I've spotted a few other minor glitches which can be fixed too.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

i added the /debug command in the shortcut target and im getting the debug option on the game's home screen but whenever i try to load the save it doesnt open the debug window when i press F9.
I'm glad i could spot this bug so that no one else gets caught up at heretic like this..
Is there anything else i can try?
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

so i tried starting a new game with the debug option and i can get the console to open. Is it because it was a registered game that i cant open the console ?
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yes. It should be possible to deregister a game with TransData. But I can't get it to work. I just get "Error: can't open {fileName}." even if {fileName} is the name of the file (with or without the extension) in the same folder as TransData or the full path to the file. Looking at the code, this error tells me nothing about what's going wrong opening the file.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yes. It should be possible to deregister a game with TransData. But I can't get it to work. I just get "Error: can't open {fileName}." even if {fileName} is the name of the file (with or without the extension) in the same folder as TransData or the full path to the file. Looking at the code, this error tells me nothing about what's going wrong opening the file.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I had wanted to learn how to deregister a game as well. But, as NMS says, it's not working. Interestingly, the example I based my attempts on didn't work either. https://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=80562. Possibly deregistering is bugged?
Does anyone know which Transdata version 'clearRegistered' was introduced in? Has anyone ever deregistered a game successfully? If someone has the Steam folder (C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonTranscendence) on their computer could they check if there is a folder called "Games" in it?
It would be good if the players who put the effort in to report bugs could be 'rewarded' with a way of continuing the buggy game they are playing. Especially if it is a perma-death game in Heretic!

A bit more info: http://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6247
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!