1.8 Beta 5

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

1.8 Beta 5--the final beta in the 1.8 release--is now ready for download!

This version has mostly bug fixes, though it does have a few new features:

1. Commonwealth fortresses and CSCs now show info about friendly and enemy ships.
2. Ringer stations and corporate manufacturing plants have new images.
3. Eternity Port now has ship brokers that sell EP-specific ship classes.

The complete list of fixes is here: https://ministry.kronosaur.com/program. ... ed&tag=112
API 44 changes: https://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=84283

This version requires a new version of TransData: https://downloads.kronosaur.com/TransData.zip

If you've already got the beta builds, you will automatically download the new version when you sign in. Otherwise, please download at: https://downloads.kronosaur.com/TranscendenceNext.zip

Thanks to everyone who found bugs and suggested fixes. This will be the last beta build before a final release of 1.8, so please post any showstopper bugs in Ministry.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Downloaded the zip, extracted, ran Trans and signed in.
Only game files downloaded, no libraries.
EP, VOTG, CC, REN, TBR and Osaka all show "filename.tdb: Line (nn): Unable to find library:hexNumber".
SOTP plus the HD, Debug Part I and AE-FunctionHelp all look OK but I haven't check them yet.

Signed off then did it all again, refreshed the Mod Collection page, showed/hid the libraries, etc. Still no libraries.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

relanat wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:03 am
Downloaded the zip, extracted, ran Trans and signed in.
Only game files downloaded, no libraries.
EP, VOTG, CC, REN, TBR and Osaka all show "filename.tdb: Line (nn): Unable to find library:hexNumber".
SOTP plus the HD, Debug Part I and AE-FunctionHelp all look OK but I haven't check them yet.

Signed off then did it all again, refreshed the Mod Collection page, showed/hid the libraries, etc. Still no libraries.
Can you email me your Debug.log file? Send to [email protected]. Thanks!
Alandra
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Looking forward to trying this. The library downloads seem to work fine for me.

Are the game crashes caused by "miscellaneous animation" fixed in this version? I see these crashes on Ministry tagged with "next release" but not tagged with "1.8b5". I think that's a showstopper bug.
Curious about real-life aliens? www.antareanjourneys.com
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Alandra wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:00 am
Are the game crashes caused by "miscellaneous animation" fixed in this version? I see these crashes on Ministry tagged with "next release" but not tagged with "1.8b5". I think that's a showstopper bug.
I added a bunch of debug code in 1.8 beta 5 to track that specific crash. If it happens again I hope to get enough info to fix it by 1.8.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I just released a hotfix: 1.8 Beta 5.1

This fixes 3 problems:

1. The bug with libraries not downloading.
2. Can't dock with Mule auton
3. Crashes during upgrade

Unfortunately, the crashes during upgrade are caused by the old version, so upgrading to 1.8 Beta 5.1 could still crash. The problem is that the engine tried to upgrade while the game was being played, which caused problems. For now, let the download complete before starting a game.

If you have problems with upgrade just get the full version manually: https://downloads.kronosaur.com/TranscendenceNext.zip

Thanks to everyone who posted bugs and keep them coming!
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

oh, nice speed, gonna try soon ^^
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Just like the previous beta, it does not download automatically when starting Transcendence. Maybe because I am using Wine? But it was never an issue before....
Downloaded the zip....
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Have been offline. That's why I couldn't send the debug log. Libraries are downloading now. Although LRL doesn't and TBR and REN libraries want to. More info in a Multiverse Ministry ticket.

The info ship screens are excellent. Well done, Song. Great idea.
The added lore is great too and I'm totally jealous of your ability to come up with great screen descriptions!

The manufacturing station image is fantastic. The spires, shading and lighting work really well. And nice work with the docking ports on the Ringer collectives. They line up beautifully.

Also thanks for singlePointOrigin, showAsDestination and the auton attributes. These will all be put to good use. And 'hex' and 'staAbandon' are really handy too.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
Anonymous32
Anarchist
Anarchist

The New Image for the Corporate Manufacturing Plant is cool, looks like another stations need a rework image and scale
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Just tried Manticore in Corporate Command and all of the weapons appear to originate from the middle instead of from the side arms. I guess singleShotOrigin does not work.

Hercules and Minotaur still have their older points, without the singleShotOrigin.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I just slip-streamed version 1.8 Beta 5.2, which has a few key fixes:

* Fix crash with certain shockwaves in VotG
* Fix performance problem with topology distance
* Fix problem with Manticore weapon positions
* Fix problem with Antarctica refusing to allow docking
* Add debugging code to track a crash

Thanks for all the bug reports!
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I noticed with the armor limit changes, with stdArmor and maxArmor settings for ships, some ships are slower than they used to be. Lumiere battle auton went from .21c to .19c (because their armor is heavier than standard and giving penalties it did not give until now), and Mule may have gone down to .16c - very slow. I think Ronin/C also uses heavier-than-standard and is slower than .20c.

I think Lumiere battle auton was originally .22c in the very first version of Corporate Command, then it was lowered to .21c. It needs more speed, probably get its .22c back, to offset heavy armor penalty (for .20c). Mule needs lighter armor. It was already slow, and now it is very slow. Other ships that took a speed hit probably need a look.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Alandra
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I repeated the circumstances that caused one of the "On Animate" crashes (lifting the event horizon in Heretic) and this time I got debug code instead of a crash.

Curious about real-life aliens? www.antareanjourneys.com
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

That's in the OnCompleted event of msHereticControlPoint, in Heretic02.xml. Maybe aOwnerObj is defined for some mission events but not others?