1.8 Release

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I just got the 1.8.2......
Looking forward to playing it :)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Insane regeneration rates are not making the game more Challenging, it is making the game less of a sport , more of a dare to test your CPU.

To compensate for these strangely strong stations.....

I believe that standard weapons ( non military ) could use a tweek of maybe 2 exrta HP.

Military weapons could use maybe 4 more.

I believe the Patch Spider / Patcher Arm could be tweeked to work faster ... it's not proper to have powerful regen systems on stations and deny the player access to better repair devices to compete .

Shield Resistance.....many do not have any, just HP & no depletion delays..... this would make shields more effective and give the player a better understanding of what they are getting into when putting on a shield.

Just my opinion...

Code: Select all

<Name="Shane J. Filomena"	
shipClass="Wolfen-class gunship"
epitaph="destroyed by a Ronin/C-class gunship in the Manchester System"	
resurrectCount="0"	
adventureUNID="200000"	
debug="0"/>

Amteloletom
Miner
Miner

shanejfilomena wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:55 am

I believe the Patch Spider / Patcher Arm could be tweeked to work faster ... it's not proper to have powerful regen systems on stations and deny the player access to better repair devices to compete .

[/code]
I always thought that the Arm or Spider only recover a small amount of armor hp, make ship solely depend on station for repairing its armor or using armor patches/kit.

And also consider Ranx dreadnought about that. :)
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The RD has 2 patch spiders...but only one works at a time..however, if they get damaged, they both get the hit.

Patch Spiders have been my main armor repair in many games, they saved my ship many times.
To depend on stations is something the Player Should not do..should not be or feel compelled to - the player is a Pioneer , a pilgrim and the one willing to go to the reaches of a system looking for ....whatever they find out there.

In my personal game, I have issues with the regens on hostile stations being excessively high,
Yet I do not lower them :()

I have in these games, added regens to very light armor used by Centauri, Hornets and Himal...just to give the ships a shot at living long enough so the player can kill them :)

But I confess, I am no good at balance, I want the hostiles to have a life, yet the player to have a respectable shot at good quality weapons , armor and devices to keep up with the hostiles.
Amteloletom wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:54 pm
shanejfilomena wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:55 am

[/code]
I always thought that the Arm or Spider only recover a small amount of armor hp, make ship solely depend on station for repairing its armor or using armor patches/kit.

And also consider Ranx dreadnought about that. :)

goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hi everyone! I'm a long time player, I'm talking like before Dominia missions and when the strongest ship in the arena was a Tripoli. I did my annual playthrough, and I'm loving the new changes.

I'm making this post because of a minor inconvenience I found while playing. I upgraded to one of the new ships - the minotaur corvette X, and I love this new feature where you can fire a primary weapon with your omnidirectional turret. The issue is with enhancing the turret weapon. I'm currently running an omnidirectional thermo cannon, and I want to enhance it with tritium injectors. However, using the enhancer using the 'U' command only affects the primary weapon. I can't even swap my main weapon with the omni thermo because it automatically installs into the turret weapon slot. Not sure if theres a work around or if this has been addressed already. Other than this, I'm really enjoying the game!
>.<
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yep, George has enhancers redone to work from an item picker instead of just applying to the currently selected primary weapon for either the current or next 1.9 alpha release (and I’m vaguely embarrassed that I’m not sure which).

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

AssumedPseudonym wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:25 pm
 Yep, George has enhancers redone to work from an item picker instead of just applying to the currently selected primary weapon for either the current or next 1.9 alpha release (and I’m vaguely embarrassed that I’m not sure which).
It is in the 1.9 alpha, not in current....
alexalex81
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hello!

I'm a fairly long time player, and I love this game! My first playthrough was in 0.99c, and I've loved replaying this game through the years, and am always impressed by how much new content there is!

Maybe I've just had a particularly bad run, but it seems to me that the difficulty of the early systems may now be too hard. Drops from destroyed stations seem to have been somewhat reduced, which for me snowballed into a harder time in the battle arena. I reached St. K's with a lot less credits than I normally expect. In my eyes, the game before St. K's used to seem like a skippable tutorial section, but now its a fight - maybe harder than the rest of the game if you're trying to honor permadeath.

WMD seems to be more important than it used to be, which seems a little unfair without a good in game explanation of how it works. How is a new player expected to know why their laser cannon is very ineffective against some stations?

I also had no militia missions available to me in St K's, which (I think) could have made it impossible to obtain a military ID if I'd had some more bad luck with spawns? I always assumed that the militia HQ was added to the arcology to guarantee at least some way of getting a military ID.

Alex.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Critical segments were removed and bigger ships now have hull hitpoints, similar to the game Starsector. Playerships have no hull and die in one hit if attack gets through armor. Also, damage is calculated differently than in earlier releases.

Without military ID, you need to either be 1) an Arena Gladiator or 2) Korolov member. This matters more in Eternity Port where New Beyond systems are inaccessible and you cannot fight in Battle Arena and Korolov spawns are unreliable.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hi, Alex.

I have also noticed lower loot levels early in the game. Quite a few stations can have nothing at all. Others, especially Anarchist settlements, have more than the playership hold can fit.
Also, others have commented on the scarcity of stations in some systems before St Kats. I recall one system that only had 3 enemy and no friendly stations! This really makes it hard to get credits.

Yes, WMD is confusing. There has been talk of a tutorial mission which explains this feature but I can't recall if it was the developer or a modder who mentioned it.

As PM mentions above either Korolov or Battle Arena experience is required to acess the St Kats Militia HQ. Or a looted military ID will get you in.
I suspect, however, that you are seeing "Sorry, there are no missions currently available."
This will show if there isn't either a Sung slave camp, a Marauder compound or a Sapiens compound somewhere in the St Kats system. These are the targets for the mission. Destroyed stations don't count.
If none of these stations were created by the game then no St Kats mission will be available.
Unfortunately, as you imply, Commonwealth militia fortresses can sometimes be difficult to find in the game. This makes getting a mil ID very difficult.
You could add a ticket to the Ministry site suggesting that at least one of the enemy stations be created in St Kats in every game. This would allow the mission to appear every time (unless it is destroyed somehow).
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

relanat wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:34 am
You could add a ticket to the Ministry site suggesting that at least one of the enemy stations be created in St Kats in every game. This would allow the mission to appear every time (unless it is destroyed somehow).
Could be destroyed by player who has a habit of clearing systems first then visiting friendlies to sell loot. Few times, I had to remember not to blow up everything hostile before visiting friendlies to check for missions. In this case, the enemy station should be created when the mission is given if none are found.

In systems with Korolov, it is a very good idea to clear the system so that there are no additional enemies attacking your freighters. In systems with Ferians, it is a bad idea because you want even more reward from missions after an enemy station is killed.

In other words, for some missions, it is a good idea to clean out systems first then do missions, while for others, enemy stations need to be present for some profitable missions to be offered.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
asianunicorn
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hi, i'm playing on 1.8.3 steam and i'm stuck in the battle arena wall, how do i get myself unstuck?
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

asianunicorn wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:24 pm
Hi, i'm playing on 1.8.3 steam and i'm stuck in the battle arena wall, how do i get myself unstuck?
Your best chance is to use the mouse to rotate the playership very slightly. Using the keys to rotate the ship may spin it too far, the mouse allows smaller rotations.
Then thrust and see if the ship comes unstuck.
If still stuck, rotate the ship very slightly again and try thrusting.
Don't rush it, the ship may need to bounce around a bit before it unsticks.
Repeat until you find the direction that frees the ship.
In theory if you do this for a full circle you will find a way to free the ship. The direction you need to go may not be away from the wall so try all directions, even ones that don't seem like they will free the ship.

Good luck.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!