0.98c

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Ready for download:

http://www.neurohack.com/transcendence/Downloads.html

This is a small update, but there are two new features here:

1. As mentioned earliers, all player ship now have 40 rotations. Let me know what you think of it.

2. The system map now has zoom in and zoom out.

Enjoy!
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

both things sound very cool thanks

edit: I have to say wow the new system map and the ringed planets look great
how big are the squares on various zooms on the map screen? This could be very helpful in making quests ie kill enemy ships within sectors blah to blah
Crying is not a proper retort!
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yay! Thank you George ^_^

* Player ships now have 40 rotations.
* Added zoom-in and zoom-out to system map.
* Added binary star systems.
* Fixed a bug in Fleet mission to destroy Ares convoy in which player was not getting xp for targets destroyed. [Thanks to weelillad]
* Victorian Nightclub no longer buys illegal items >25 kg (fixes an exploit selling Smugglers Cargo Holds for infinite money). [Thanks to Cardinal]
* Continue button in intro screen is not clickable when hidden. [Thanks to fossaman]
* When applying radiation immune paste to armor that is already radiation immune, player is told that nothing happens. [Thanks to Dorne]
* Tinkers offer to make player radiation-immune when she docks while irradiated.
* rotationCount attribute in ship classes allows for more (or less) than 20 rotations.
* Typo: Point Juno no longer refers to itself as a ship. [Thanks to F50]
* Typo: "Medal of Distinctions" -> "Medals of Distinction" [Thanks to darksider]
* Typo: "Medal of Honors" -> "Medals of Honor" [Thanks to darksider]
* Typo: "I want you to got the..." -> "I want you to go to the..." [Thanks to FAD]
Cardinal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Ooo, this is exciting. I'll download the new version tonight.

Can I transfer my favourite ships from 0.98b to 0.98c?
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.
Cardinal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I like the changes. The new system map in particular is pretty cool.

Just one criticism though... when you activate the map, you now lose your power usage and fuel bar, your current activated weapon and target (if any), and your shield and armour status.

Bring them back :cry:
The shield and armour status in particular is important to keep track of.
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I like the new recoilless, and the new angles LOOK amazing - haven't played much but from what I see it plays a lot better as well. Can't wait to see a binary system.

Cardinal - I for one like the reduced HUD in map mode, it's more immersive (and the grid looks great). It's for navigating, not fighting! Get out of map mode if you're being fired upon.
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The binary systems can be huge. It's possible that you can pass through one and not see the second star, if you aren't on the large (small scale) map setting.
That's not a critiscism, just an FYI.
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
bimbel
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I like it! Even if I think the mesh on the map shouldn't be so bright! Lines should be a little bit darker!

And just got to my first binary System =)

[CLICK TO ENLARGE]
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

eer not realistic but does look fun
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Is it just me or are there new planet images?
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

well I know the ringed planets are new but now that you have said something the blue giants do look new
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Well in my first 0.98c game I noticed this blue icy planet, I'm pretty sure it's new.
Cardinal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

bimbel wrote:I like it! Even if I think the mesh on the map shouldn't be so bright! Lines should be a little bit darker!
Agreed.

OddBob wrote:Cardinal - I for one like the reduced HUD in map mode, it's more immersive (and the grid looks great). It's for navigating, not fighting! Get out of map mode if you're being fired upon.
It makes sense to me that the captain of the ship should be able to see its status at a glance.

A HUD on/off toggle would be a good solution.
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yugimotomanager wrote:Well in my first 0.98c game I noticed this blue icy planet, I'm pretty sure it's new.
It is 'Ice Planets", they were always in the transcendence.xml but used the same graphic as the cratered planets (the ringed gas giants used that graphic also in the xml).
Now there 3 ice planet graphics. :D
One of the three is called for twice, I'd guess that eventually there will be a 4th ice planet variation.
There are 8 ringed gas giants variations.
Now all that is needed is the 'planetoids'.

Incidentally, if anybody was using my planet expansion, don't put the extension into 0.98c or it will foul up the use of George's new planets.
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html