The sorry plight of the Misanthrope.

Have a bit of Transcendence prose or poetry to share? Post it here!
rincewind
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Final Log USS Misanthrope.

“It was all a illusion. The hard work the long journey. All for naught. If any intellegent life finds this they need to know. The human race invented religion before science. We invented science before common sense. The sisters of Domian and they're funny smeeling cigerettes that aloowed you to glimspse the galactic core. A stream in the woods to read a book, Several Amazonian women to feed you anchovies by the fire at night. I never even liked anchovies until Domina. So we set out. The first few systems were easy after that it got hard and confusing. I took out the Ares, Ranx, and the rest only to come face to face with a monster. The monster was me. I got to the command ship and reaalized even of you do the right thing life only gives you disapointment. To find myself a pirate at the edge of the Universe strung out on funny ciggeresttes given to me by fat nuns who after smoking look just like my High School english teacher with huge knockers was quite a disapointment. I followed the path. The ship was to much. I knew it. But I had no choice I had to press on. No station other then Teratons would talk to me. I left my ID's behind and made a decision. I would gather a glorious fleet and destroy that ship. So I went back through space destroying and looting everything. No one was safe from my fracture cannon. I am sorry to those who were killed but Domina demands my success. It was a no go. Only 20 autons. So here is my final thoughts before the battle that will either bring me glory or death. Save your money that arablast canon didn't need all you injectors should have saved them. Longzu Spheres and gems shouldn't be wasted on irrelevency. Ferians are easy pickings but really who is more evolved those who go about there lives minding they're own business or those doped up religious freaks who think the path to god is the only path. Given a choice between saving the galaxy and running a third rate tourist hotel in the most mediocre of cities Reno NV I take option number three the sweet silence of death,” As the Misanthrope drifted 20 autons awoke to the sounds of The Safety Dance. The last words of Captiain Rincewind were sent out to the fleet. “Everybody Dance Now”
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

At First I saw only FanFic : I USED to write alot, new keyboard has me misspelling more words then My FireFox can keep up with.
( too cheap to replace it )

However, on a closer look it looks like it could fit into the Post Re: "Pilgrim Slash Freelancers?"
as one of those " back stories" or a scenario maybe.......
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yep. That is one sorry plight.

Welcome to the forums, rincewind.
Btw, What does Misanthrope Mean? I know Thrope means "like", But what's the Mis for?
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
rincewind
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

A Misanthrope is one who isn't particularly impressed by the human race and prefers his own company.