Independence Day

Have a bit of Transcendence prose or poetry to share? Post it here!
MikeAngora
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

July 4th-1200Hrs: Tiberious System- Sung Slave Camp-

Janus, a young female neo-human wearing nothing more than rags walks wearily into the Sung overseer's room. He begins to look at her top to bottom almost as if he's sizing up an opponent. He finally stops at her stomach and notices it's bulge. "Either you've been eating a lot or...."
"I'm pregnant" she cuts in.
"This is your second child! You're only allowed one! I should have locked you up in that slave coffin just like I did your sister!!" he screams back.

Janus's eyes begin to tear up as the thoughts of her older sister Lolene stream slowly into her mind. Lolene had become pregnant with one of the Huari men two weeks ago and was sent into her slave coffin after being brutally tortured and forced miscarriage.
"You cant do this to us! One day we will be freed!" she cried.
"And who will free you? Domina? Oracus? The pathetic Huari? or do you expect a squadron of Britannias to magically save the day for you? You have one hour to prepare yourself for processing we dont have enough room or time for you slaves to be making babies in my camp! Dismissed!" he screamed as Janus bowed went back to her container.

July 4th-1300hrs- Sung Slave Camp-

Janus had just returned to her container and sat wearily along side her two young brothers and one year old son Cas.
"Will you be alright Jan?" asked Galileo,the elder.
"WE! We will be alright Gal... I had a vision a long time ago that the slaves would be freed soon and these wicked Sung destroyed!" she replied with a steady flow of tears streaming down her eyes.
As Galileo almost opened his mouth to reply a loud explosion suddenly shook the slave camp. Janus looked outside the window and notices a sung defense satelite blowing up in flames. Soon there is hudge commotion and particle beams streak outside the window even as screams of men and women resonate across the camp.
The airlock opens and three large and imposing Huari men barge into the room holding sung weapons.
"Jan! It appears your commonwealth friends have launched a rescue mission. I managed to hear some of the transmission and they've ordered us to gather in the Alpha9 container! We need to move now!" he screams.
Jan quickly picked up her son and brothers followed after the men. They encounter some Sung guards but the Huari quickly dispatch them.
The Alpha containment hall was a large densely packed container used by the sung to store slaves before sending them off to other camps. Jan looked cautiously around and snuggled with her brothers and son.

"Where's Lolene!? She's still in the slave coffins!" she asked the Huari leader desperately.
"We've rescued the coffins, dont worry just pray." came the reply.
Within minutes the slaves began to hear the sung training their weapons on the bulky shield protected door of the container. Women and children cried in fear even as men- both the Neo-humans and the Huari stood holding anything they could hit with near the door.

Jan looked outside the window for any sight of the Commonwealth fleet but all she could see was particle lasers firing desperately and the occasional artillery shell decimating a slave satelite.

After about half and hour of extreame bombardment and heavy firing of weapons the airlock broke open and the Huari immediately pointed their weapons towards the door and almost fired when suddenly three men with Commonwealth military uniform entered, behind them a trail of dead Sung guards. Everyone immediately put their weapons down and bowed to the ground even as Janus ran towards one of the men and embraced.

"aptain this is Janus Alright. She's the one who was sending secret messeges to my ship's computer.- Janus this is Captain Tetrax D'rien and this is Volkov" he introduced. Janus bowed with respect.
The Captain, Rama and Volkov ran through the contained and opened up the aft airlock. The slaves quickly walked through it and into the waiting Wolfen. They noticed a second Wolfen and Rama's Centurion docked with other containers rescueing other slaves.

Soon after the three ships took flight and the slaves managed one last look at the prison that had been their home for the last many years.
Janus and her family accompanied Rama in his ship while the others remained on the Wolfens.
A special crew aboard the ships had all the slaves rest into their coffins to preserve supplies. The slaves obliged gladly and slept and dreamt of a free world where they would be happy forever.

After about anyear had passed on board the ships when one of the slaves woke up and asked for the coffin to be opened. The young slave looked out and noticed a large temple of Domina in the distance. It was large with many different types of ships around it. She also noticed the Centurion-X carrying Janus and her family docking at the station. She turned towards one of the Wolfen's crew members. "Arent we supposed to be going there too?"
"Oh no my dear one, Janus is going to be annointed by Domina. You will all be set free at a military station" came the reply.
The young female stayed out of her coffin and noticed many military stations pass by at a distance but the neither the Wolfen she was in nor the one carrying the other slaves stopped at either one of them.

Days passed and the young female finally began to get restless. She enquired again and again with the crew but to no avail. After about three mores days passing the slave looked out of the window and noticed a large round building with pointy tunnels protruding out of it and many pod like structures spinning like windmills. One of the crew members noticed and came and sat next to her.
"My dear our destination has finally arrived. That're where you are going." said the crew member.
"Hey wait a minute, that doesnt look like one of the other military stations!!"
she replied with almost dreadfulness in her eyes.
"It's not my dear... it's called a fabricator... you and your friends will have fun there...." at this the crew member immediately took out a sword and thrust it deep into the young female's navel and pushing it out of her back. Her body was immediately put into the coffin and the slaves woke up.

Unaware of what was going to happen they assumed it was time for their freedom and began to rejoice.

Both of the Wolfens then Docked with the Teraton nest...
"Umm, I'm sorry I just killed your officer Akira, but he was getting on my nerves''
"Can I take his ship now?"

Calvin E. Taylor to Akira Gorbachev, the daughter of Ares Chief Admiral Vasily Gorbachev, after brutally killing one of her Tundra pilots.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi MikeAngora!
welcome to Transcendence Forums ! :D

that's a nice piece of work there as a first post !

[thread moved to fanfic forum]
stealthx
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:x Bad aptain. Bad bad aptain! Anyway, who in that time and age would use a sword? :roll:
Be the hope of humanity. Be a Gundam Meister.
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

People who don't want to risk depressurizing their hull from internal damage, or let a stray shot hit and ruin something small and delicate and vital. It's the same reason why Navies even to this day still carry swords (though it's been rendered mostly cerimonial in the US and the like, due to solid construction, they are still viable weapons for CQC).
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Another day, another munchkin. I bet in an alternate universe far, far away, the Druuge (from Star Control 2) are rolling on the floor laughing. They have been feeding people to their furnaces for decades.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
MikeAngora
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

digdug wrote:Hi MikeAngora!
welcome to Transcendence Forums ! :D

that's a nice piece of work there as a first post !

[thread moved to fanfic forum]
:D Thank you sir... Been playing for quiet some time now. infact ive finished the game about 100 times or so - all without mods. really really feel awesome to be part of this community!!
"Umm, I'm sorry I just killed your officer Akira, but he was getting on my nerves''
"Can I take his ship now?"

Calvin E. Taylor to Akira Gorbachev, the daughter of Ares Chief Admiral Vasily Gorbachev, after brutally killing one of her Tundra pilots.
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I am shocked. nay, outraged! how could anyone be so cruel... :D

actually, do slaves work well on fabricators? I love the Teratons, but never tried feeding them slaves.
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

Yep, slaves make the fabricator real happy.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

...So does that mean that slaves are considered "Food", "Lux"? :D
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Slaves are "Soul" items. Soul items add one disposition per level of the item. Slave coffins are level V, and worth five disposition. Compare that to one disposition per luxury food item regardless of level (except Ringer ambrosia, which is worth five).

Another example of a "Soul" item: CDM archive. It is level VII, and adds seven disposition.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

...I was making a joke.