REVENGE II: Rebirth

Have a bit of Transcendence prose or poetry to share? Post it here!
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

RESURRECTION:

"What the hell is that smell?"

I sprung up immediately feeling sore and a bit sick in the stomach, like have been awakened by some bad dream. I'm in a tub of slimy liquid..wait a rejuv tank I guess. My first time in one since.. yeah Huaramaca...The Dragon Slaver.

Gazing around I find myself surrounded by familiar merchandise, hundreds of slave coffins!

"Ahh, awake at last my friend." It's the soothing voice of Apotamo, the Huari high priest smiling at me with genuine concern.
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

My body's still shaking horribly after throwing up like a tank full of bio-waste. The foul stench is nauseating but I still managed to breathe a little better. I'm in the Huari medical sanitarium, still under observation by by their healers under Apotamo's care. I can't believe I was in a coma for a year, in a rejuvenating tank along side half-dead slaves in those boxes.........
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

After surviving days of excruciatingly painful rehab procedures in the Huari sickbay, I proceeded to the dockyard to check on what was left of my Manticore ( well I was told there's still something left). I enter the vast complex and see the battle ready Hurin fleet on my left, rows of shiny yet menacing destroyers. Dockyard personnel wandering about with handheld analyzers systematically checking every ship.

On the right, rows of ships under maintenance or repair, people scurrying to and fro on antigrav platforms with robot arms, armor patches and repair kits and starship devices in tow. Each ship is suspended horizontally across each lane with massive heavy trusses a lit with continuous jets of plasma solders directed on its particle damaged fuselage. It's obvious Sung encounter damage. A fellow in slightly burnt but still colorful (hey they're Huari) overalls approached me. " Hi I'm Cando, assistant chief engineer of the fleet. We are expecting you. Come my friend , our High Priest gave us instructions to facilitate the repair and overhaul of your badly battered ship. Come, you can see her now."
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

"Wow!" I said in awe upon seeing my beloved Manticore. She's a real beauty.

"You like? We've upgraded your reactor to a gigawatt class Hyperion and increased power of your engine. Our dear High Priest instructed us to make her more powerful than before! The anti-matter cannon found in the Sung Dragon Slaver you destroyed is already installed. Like it? Good as new right?" Cando said with glee.

" Wha..how did I?...."

"Oh the Dragon Slaver exploded after your encounter. We thought we lost another hero but the gods must be with you, vital signs still stable when our pilots found you and your wreck.", he exclaimed with great admiration. " You are a true hero and friend of our race. We thank you with our hearts!"

After checking my cockpit and enjoying the feel of excitement in flying my ship again I was summoned by Apotamo to meet the Hurin Council.

Upon my entry to the vast council hall, Apotamo exclaimed, " Our scouts found the Sung Palace!".

(to be continued)
StealthX051
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Good to see that this great fanfic is not dead, welcome back!
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

StealthX051 wrote:Good to see that this great fanfic is not dead, welcome back!
Thanks for following man. Sorry it takes a long time for me to draw a good storyline. My mind's busy with other stuff. Enjoy! :)
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I like your fics! :D
MikeAngora
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I just chanced upon this....

I know I'm five years late but I simply admire your writing. I could see myself wandering in the fortress and checking out ships. I only wish you could write more...
"Umm, I'm sorry I just killed your officer Akira, but he was getting on my nerves''
"Can I take his ship now?"

Calvin E. Taylor to Akira Gorbachev, the daughter of Ares Chief Admiral Vasily Gorbachev, after brutally killing one of her Tundra pilots.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Why doesn't he?