uninstalling Transcendence ?

Here you can get help resolving Transcendence-related issues.
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Might try uninstalling the program safely (rather than just straight up deleting it) and reinstalling it.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

lol, there is no install needed for transcendence
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

No installer program, you mean, aye. But deleting it via the control panel also gets it out of the registry (if anything is there; It just covers all bases), and when you redownload and reinstall (unzip), you get a fresh copy of the game.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

again, you can not use the control panel to remove it, iirc there is only one registry entry, it only is to say that you ran transcendence on this pc.

the only thing i could find
Attachments
trans reg.JPG
trans reg.JPG (26.23 KiB) Viewed 12505 times
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Hrm, really? I have an option to remove it from my control panel. odd. o.O
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

ok there /might/ be a add/remove program thing because you are using windows 7.

yeah that entry shouldnt be there
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

..Or it might be something else, if there's not supposed to be. I'll run some AV stuff and get back to you guys on that.

Edit: ...Yup. Thought it was Transcendence, turned out to be completely unrelated. >.o It's since been quarentined and removed.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

[TOPIC SPLITTED]
Edit: ...Yup. Thought it was Transcendence, turned out to be completely unrelated. >.o It's since been quarentined and removed.
I'm quite worried: did you just say that there is a malware out there called Transcendence ?
If so, can you please share with us a virustotal or a jotti scan so that we can recognize it ?
http://www.virustotal.com/
http://virusscan.jotti.org/en

thanks
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Err... What part of "It's been quarentined and removed" indicates that I can upload anything?
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Digdug, most likely the antivirus suite just recognized that there was a program called Transcendence.exe that has been run, and offered to remove it (in case it was unknown)

Edit: ooops (wrong person) :P
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Not that I have posted in this thread yet. :D But Transcendence can be calssified under the "Portable App" category as it modifies the registry so little. If I recall it only modifies two keys, you can find them by searching for Transcendence - run once and other similar are handled by windows so they don't count. Best bet is just delete the folder and your all set.