Ive beaten the game, but didnt even get a 'local' highscore

Found a bug in the game? Post it in one of the applicable sub forums depending on the version you are using. Tech support is also available in the Tech Support subforum.
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

On Monday I completed a game and was wondering why I didnt see an entry in either the 'local' or 'global'/cloud/... highscore table. I also submitted the stats to Xelerus for that reason.

I am not using any mods - as you can see - and was signed in on game creation and when attempting to submit that score. Im sure I didnt do any other things that could have prevented a successful submission of that score.

Well, it seems the random number generator was with me this time. I did get good equipment pretty early and even for free sometimes. What I tried to do was: Get through the game as quickly as possible (e.g. I did not farm anything, just cleared the systems) while trying to keep 3 1/2 conducts (I killed some friendlies).

What I no longer do is mine the first systems: Im just lacking the patience to do so. Also smuggling also brings a good profit in far less time. Although I made a lot of credits this way it doesnt show up in the high score entry. The reason is simple: I never found a commonwealth station later in the game and still have one mule full of illegal stuff :D

The first occasion I was lucky was in the arena: The Slicer didnt have a MAG launcher. So this was not too hard this time. I also got an onmidirectional turbo laser right before the arena.
The next lucky find was an omnidirectinal TeV blaster I hardly get in any game most of the time. Its right that lots of enemies resist particle, but the range is unsurpassed - for an omnidirectional weapon and it kills smaller enemies quickly enough. For stations I was lucky enough to loot a mark V howitzer. That equipment did last for a good couple of systems. I usually swith to an Akan 600 turret (which does impressive amounts of damage at +200% :D but probably cant kill a Phobos: After 600 rounds it still had 43% left and I was out of ammo) but this time I used it only a short while. I found an Ares lightning turret and an Area launcher - both may not be the best weapons but are fun using. Nuking ares stations and defenders from the distance is definitely fun. I also played with an Ares micronuke cannon since I found no way to enhance the Ares launcher.
Later on I tried the lightning turret plus an Ares positron cannon which worked pretty well against ships, but not against stations. I also killed one Phobos dreadnought with the TeV blaster and was surprised how much easier it was with a positron cannon. I tried to replace the positron cannon with a positron lancer and found it would cut a bunch of luminous to pieces in no time, but lacks range to kill larger enemies (but is good to bring down Iocrym shields - at least at +150% damage).
But as in most games the good old IM90 did most of the job :D. However I wont be battling Phobos dreadnoughts with that in the future. Close combat in the freighter is way too exciting for me... I also was being chased and killed by five of them - there were at least three Ares shipyards in that systems. Fortunately I still had an insurance I bought at the arena and could avoid an early end of that game. The Corporate cruiser who brought me to a safe spot didnt make it btw. But the Ringer shipyard I tried to lure the 5 Phobos to did survive.

Ill probably get a Nephren X1 for the Ares next time and save the Taikon200 for Heretic - if I have the money. The ion reflector I had this time performed about average: It does reflect ion, but feels rather vulnerable against positron. It also looses strength when reflecting ion.

I also screwed up on multiple occasion: I lost Rama whom I left to defend my autons when moving my squadron to a new system. Since I did not want to backtrack it happens to be encountered by some enemies or find some enemy stations along the way. If I dont dont care for backtracking I usually clear the system first and bring my autons in later.
What I also failed at was defending the Antarctica. For a side note: I got arrested and executed in another game for the destruction of that ship. Unfortunately I didnt remember how I upgraded my ship to that much firepower. The aquila cruisers were way tougher than I thought. I probably should have refitted my ship to gun and launcher to increase my firepower. I could kill one of them when inflicting good damage to two or three others.
I also did not have a clue about the Heretic missions. One after the other every research station was destroyed before I even arrived there. Maybe a transpace jumpdrive I did not have this time does help here?

After all I think I was extra lucky this time and harder enemies appeared later in the game. I think Im now prepared for Part II ;) - unless I want to achieve the same thing with the yacht and the wolfen - which I absolutely cant play...