Volkov broke my universe

Found a bug in the game? Post it in one of the applicable sub forums depending on the version you are using. Tech support is also available in the Tech Support subforum.
pip
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

To be honest I really wasn't sure where to put this, so this is a bit of a guess....

I usually prefer to fly solo and not have to worry about tagalongs when I go ploughing into silly situations etc, but I must have killed that pirate ship somewhere along the line and not even noticed when I docked and foolishly just clicked through without thinking too much.
Anyway, all was well until this last system I wandered into and Mr. Spasibo screamed a big NOOOOO! and rushed to dock with some creepy shot up frieghter.
Turns out that was his wife's ship and he's a bit put out by the whole thing.

The problem?
As soon as Volkov jumps in he runs off to wreck, which is right next to the gate.
I assume he's supposed to stay there until you go and get him, but as soon as I dock with the ship the whole game freezes up as in "Not Responding" freezes and the only way out is to terminate the process via the task manager.

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to work like this.
I don't really have a problem just leaving him there as I prefer flying alone anyway, but that's hardly the point is it....
Any ideas?

http://paste.neurohack.com/view/Yk9VC/
Shivan Hunter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Some people have been recently getting crashes when docking with ships, but it's always caught so that an error is thrown. Could this be related? You're running a load of mods which could be the issue (or exacerbate the issue), and your paste says 1.08fa while our problem was in 1.08g.

Do you still have the save file, and can you resurrect/continue from it? If so, just leave him there (I don't think he'll come with you anyway). If not, upload it (not sure if you should attach it to my ticket or create a new one) so George can do some debugging.

Also, try running through the game as fast as possible with no mods (maybe just a godmod weapon to make it possible), get Volkov, and breeze through systems until you get to Volkov's wife's ship. See if it happens then on an unmodded game- if so, there's definitely a problem in 1.08fa; if not, the problem may be with one of your mods.
I'm here to shift paradigms and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

<+The_Shrike> If you install 2 solar panels, you will have 2 solar panels installed.
<DarthGeek|2> :o