saved game endlessly loads

Found a bug in the game? Post it in one of the applicable sub forums depending on the version you are using. Tech support is also available in the Tech Support subforum.
xstor
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hi everyone, although I've played Transcendence for very years ago, I'm very new here. I'm not sure this is a bug. I've downloaded the 1.08l version and installed a plethora of mods. Game works fine and nice, but at least 3 times in the last weeks I was unable to load my saved games. I was just beginning to explore the systems near to St. Katharine. The program just loads and loads infinitely. I tried in several machines, including my netbook. Finally I decided to start a new game, but the same thing happened: the program just loads endlessly the saved game when things begin to become interesting!...what it could be?

Best!

Xstor
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Can you provide a list of mods? Some mods are outdated and might not work with 1.08l...
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I totally agree that the list of Mods would be very important : something is tripping a bug (like the UGWingmen set off a bug in 1.07).

Technically anything that works in a previous version SHOULD function in a latest release ; George has said that if such is not the case, we have a bug to examine.
HOWEVER, ( at the same time )
If you have the latest of a Mod that is not designed for a particular version you COULD be asking for errors, some version specific extensions carry outdated orders or orders that did not exist prior to a certain period of the testing ( such as one I did , the mission codes carried a payment order that was replaced in other versions ).
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
xstor
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thanks to both of you, here goes my list of mods just in case you know about an especific issue with any (I'm not pretty sure about wich version each one really is):

I'will check to start a game only with mods for 1.08L version...

SFStargateDockNGo v02
shields-pack-dbg2012-v16p7_Accumulators-124
Solar Array
SystemDensity
patrolandgate
NewWeapons
NAMIHeavy
Mines
Heavy Marauders v3p1
dbg CorporateTransport (Olympic-class 2012 update)
WeaponsExtended
WeaponIcons
Visible Damage V2
Utility Items
Uncharted
UGW
StockShips
StelliFerLabs007 1_03
Stalwart
SFSpaceStations
Reactors912
Ranx stuff
Praetorian
playership freighters v3p0
Parallax
NW_Devices_1.05
NewPlayerShips
newIocrym
New Shields
Network
Molotok
Items912
FellowPilgrims
droids 1.0
Dealer Stations
dbg Heavy Industries
CIIDB
Cestus
Cartography
cargo summary
Ancora
Agauptera
782_StargateDocknGo
773_ShipLog
621_NewWeapons
620_NewDevices
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

You'll definitely get some problems with that mod set.

NW devices is included with WE. If you have both some stuff will show up twice as often and fail to stack half the time. This'll be particularly annoying with ammo weapons.

I think Stellifer labs is SiaFu's weapon icons and if so it's incompatible with both WE and WeaponIcons. It was from before the new resource UNIDs were implemented so it overrides base types, which WE also does. I think WeaponIcons is newer and will work fine with WE.

I'm pretty sure Uncharted and Network both effect the topology. This could be your endless loading culprit. You should pick only one of these two.

621_NewWeapons may have name conflicts with Weapons Extended. Nothing that'll ruin your game, but be prepared for two things to have the same name but different stats or even mostly the same stats.

Cartography may be the obsolete mod from between when the galactic map was implemented in the game engine and when it was accessible in the game. If it is it may be broken.
Literally is the new Figuratively
xstor
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thanks you very much! I'll try a new game following your advices!

Best
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think WeaponIcons is newer and will work fine with WE.
yes WE has been designed to work with weaponIcons.

also SFSpaceStations is not needed. StelliFerLabs007 1_03 includes it. However you should remove both as StelliFerLabs007 1_03 is not compatible with 1.04+ as by the description of the mod on Xelerus.