Debug Console Help

Found a bug in the game? Post it in one of the applicable sub forums depending on the version you are using. Tech support is also available in the Tech Support subforum.
murlocdummy
Anarchist
Anarchist

I've recently come up against a few problems. I've found that one of the gates in my game has suddenly bugged out, and I'm no longer capable of using it.

My main problem right now is trying to figure out how to use the debug console. I'm able to open up the console, but that's it. I haven't found a single help guide or console commands listing anywhere on the wiki or the forums. How anyone is even capable of using the debug console without that kind of list, I don't know. I've found threads with players talking about the console, and mentioning the odd console command, but I need to find out how to gate to different locations, which none of them have mentioned.

Edit:
I figured out how to call up the help menu that gives me all of the console commands. None of the commands are capable of warping my ship past the bugged gates. I'm starting to wonder if trying out this game was a huge waste of time.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

basically the console allows you to input functions into you game that can basically do anything, for example, if you enter (objcharge gplayership 100 'credits) would add 100 credits (i think, its been a while since i actually did this) unless you use cheat codes, (i replied to that post) and there is a list of cheat code commands on the wiki
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm starting to wonder if trying out this game was a huge waste of time.
I'm sorry to hear that, bugged stargates are damn rare and they are usually caused by mods.

I would be interested to see a paste from your debuglog (which should be created inside your transcedence folder)

For fixing your situation, well, I can suggest this: spawn a Halo gem with the console and gate to Elysium, from there you can bypass the system that is bugged out.

Code: Select all

(objAddItem gPlayerShip (itmCreate 0x000040F7 1))
This will create a gem of Despair in your cargo hold.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

What sdw and digdug haven't actually said is that the console just runs the scripting language. If you want to do something with the console you have to look at the scripting language documentation. This means the console can do practically anything, but also means it's harder to use than most debug consoles.
Literally is the new Figuratively