A handful of 1.3 bugs

Found a bug in the game? Post it in one of the applicable sub forums depending on the version you are using. Tech support is also available in the Tech Support subforum.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Three of them, the first two of which are probably related.
 First, some of the longer lines are getting cut off in dockscreens:
FirstScreenshot.jpg
FirstScreenshot.jpg (38.33 KiB) Viewed 4322 times
 Second, the font is… ugly. There’s no other way to say it. It used to be smoother in the 1.3 betas, now it looks like it’s badly in need of antialiasing.
 Third, the soundtrack won’t play for me in game. If I start the game with sound on, I get the intro theme, and that’s it. Alternately, if I start the game with music off and then turn it on once it gets to the main menu screen, it will pick a random piece out of the soundtrack and play that, and that’s it. Nothing else will play in either case if I turn the music off and then back on, either.
 It might should be noted that I’m running a Linux machine and running Transcendence through WINE, just in case that makes a difference.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

If you're using Windows may I suggest you check your Personalization settings. This font appears if we set it on "Best Performance". Try customizing it or "Let Windows choose what's best".

Next, try turning off your all sound effects. It worked for me. :)
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
Jeoshua
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

AP, run Transcendence through Wine from a terminal session and tell me if you see any spammy error output. Post it here, or if it's what I'm thinking, at least a short portion of it.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Jeoshua wrote:AP, run Transcendence through Wine from a terminal session and tell me if you see any spammy error output. Post it here, or if it's what I'm thinking, at least a short portion of it.
 The entirety of the output from game launch, starting a new game, through the first Benedictine quest, roaming around through the Starton cluster of stations, and quit:

Code: Select all

fixme:mci:MCIWndProc support for MCIWNDM_ message WM_USER+110 not implemented
 …And even that popped up shortly after launch, before the game itself ever came up onscreen.

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Jeoshua
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hmm, your log output is cleaner than mine! I thought for sure you were missing quartz or something.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Okay, this is a weird one, and I wouldn’t bother even posting this here if not for RPC’s suggestion. It’s not one I expect would crop up for anyone who knows what they’re doing (which apparently lets me out, since I’m the one reporting this).

In a random experiment earlier today involving the isError function and a bit of flubbed copypasta, I wound up installing a reactor on a ship via a bit of coding in the <Events><OnGlobalUniverseCreated> section. This would normally not be an issue, but I was mistakenly attempting to install said reactor as an armor segment. The game engine did not appreciate these antics and crashed on the spot. While I have not tested installing other devices as armor (or armor as a device, for that matter), I rather expect the game would say “lolno” under those circumstances, too.