mis-aligned exhaust effect?

Found a bug in the game? Post it in one of the applicable sub forums depending on the version you are using. Tech support is also available in the Tech Support subforum.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The exhaust effect for the Super freighter in the CSC (CSC Atlantica) mission seems to be not properly aligned with the ship's angle?

Cheers,
Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

This was first reported not long after the 1.3b1 release, yeah. I don’t have a link to the thread (mostly because I can’t be arsed to dig it up), but I remember George replying and saying something to the effect of:
 The effects are calculated along a circle from directly overhead, whereas ships are rendered from slightly behind directly overhead. This results in the thrusters moving through a slightly flattened oval instead of a circle. All ships have that problem to some degree, it’s just more pronounced on the bigger ones.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

ah, ok, that explains it.

(it would be so nice to have a proper bug tracker online somewhere so we could check and not double report issues).

Thanks
Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de