Teratons sell 'NotForSale items

Found a bug in the game? Post it in one of the applicable sub forums depending on the version you are using. Tech support is also available in the Tech Support subforum.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The Teraton research center (&stTeratonResearch;) sells the Iocrym veil (&itIocrymVeil;), I can't imagine this to be intentional (since the Iocrym veil has the 'NotForSale attribute set)?

I noticed more items that I think have the 'NotForSale flag set, but I didn't check it in the source for these items.

(I was playing with the Corporate Command extension active, so maybe this is due to Omnithor trading?)

~Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Black Market also sells NotForSale items. Seems NotForSale applies mainly to Commonwealth and most Corporate stations.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yep, the “NotForSale” attribute looks to have been specifically added to have a way to exclude weapons from most stations’ inventory (including the ability to buy a NotForSale weapon you just sold to them). If you want to keep an item from generating at a station to begin with, you have to do so by setting its frequency to “notRandom” instead. In the case of Teratorns and the Black Market, this sounds like it would be behavior as intended (since Teratorns would have a different morality than humans, and the Black Market just sort of lacks morality in general).

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hmmm,

I always interpeted 'NotForSale meaning NO station would sell it. This makes it different from the frequence="notRandom" becuase the latter would make sure it doesn't show up in ships either.
The bolide laser blaster is a nice example of this. It is an old design, no longer really viable. As a result, stations don't sell it. Yet, some ships carry it in their cargo bay.

In the same playthrough, the Teratons also sold the 'Ares plasma archcannon'. It may be find to find this item in the wreckage of the ares freighter, but it seems kinda strange that the Teratons have one on sale?
The same goes for the Iocrym items: they can show up in Iocrym wrecks (because they are equipped) and it may be possible to find one on a random wreck. But these should be special enough for stations to ship them to their research department, instead of selling them to whomever may be intersted.

Just my thoughts :)

~Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

notrandom does not prevent missiles from being sold. For example, you made a mod with new missiles for Commonwealth, but you decide later to disable them by setting it notrandom. Commonwealth will still sell them. Only way to disable them is to remove the entity entirely.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.