Help, can't find a weapon or was it changed...

Found a bug in the game? Post it in one of the applicable sub forums depending on the version you are using. Tech support is also available in the Tech Support subforum.
nemuritor
Anarchist
Anarchist

as title title says, can't find a weapon or was it changed.
well, i actually found a weapon called IM90 Multitarget Blaster, but it's actually trash, sorry to say that.
shoots three greenish useless beams, (doesn't do a thing against Luminous Drones) can't add more than one Longzu Spheres and who knows how many ion power capacitor it needs for maximum power, cause in the whole game i found only one.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my IM90 Multitarget Blaster from Transcendence v1.01 was the greatest, no one could stand against me, good or bad guys. :)
i could destroy a Corporate Cruiser in a few seconds.
the weapon was shooting three omnidirectional ion beams, just like Luminous Drones.
and also i was adding a maximum of Longzu Spheres, the power of hit was 43,8 (x3).

so, who can say what happened to the old weapon.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The IM90 got nerfed in either 1.2 or the 1.3 beta releases. So did the longzhu spheres (you can’t use them to stack enhancements, anymore).

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
nemuritor
Anarchist
Anarchist

won't it go back like it was?
come on now, it's a request, cause how am i suppose to finish the game.
i use the slow ship, i like to loot a lot, so it was perfect for it, like the rest of the big ships that had powerful weaponry.
especially in the Heretic system where i am right now, need to fight those Locrym Sentinels, i will never be able to help those guys, they will get killed and i with them.
i had spend so much time gathering credits, rin and longzu spheres just to find that it was in wain.

(man, and i was so happy finding those longzu spheres in groups of 5 or 7, i had a hard time here unlike the previous versions)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The old IM90 had about 196 DPS. For an omni ion weapon, that would make it equivalent to a level 11 weapon. Now, with 126 DPS, it still has good DPS for its level (of 10). That said, I think the IM90, at 16 tons, is too heavy. If anything should be done to the IM90, it should weigh less, like about 10 tons.

The old IM90 was so good that it was useful for any ship. It was my #1 endgame weapon regardless of what ship I used. It is obviously useful for EI500, but it was also good for the Sapphire and Wolfen. I could simply hold fire and shoot at stuff while I concentrated solely on dodging whatever came my way. Today, I would probably use it on an EI500 because there is no better omni (ammoless) weapon for one slot. For Wolfen, I would be tempted to equip two or three Ares lightning turrets instead.

One weapon that did not need to be weakened is the level 9 omnidirectional ion blaster. It used to have 65 DPS, but now it has 52.5 DPS. The Ares lightning turret is level 8 and can compete with that.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The IM90 is still good, but not as good as the old version. And even in it's old form, it couldn't do much to Luminous Drones with ion shield, because the Drones would be basically immune to any ion weapon. Try using your IM90 on other enemies, like Ares or even the Iocrym. It should still be effective.

Still, I recommend the Archcannon. If you can choose, always choose the Archcannon. Even on the EI500 it's good enough. I've fended off the iocryms and hunt Phobii with that build.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.