Sweet vengeance against the Howitzer Death Spam (CC/1.5)

Found a bug in the game? Post it in one of the applicable sub forums depending on the version you are using. Tech support is also available in the Tech Support subforum.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Or: 'Xephyr makes the bug discovery of the century'.

Pasted from IRC:
12:58] Xephyr So if you try to blow up Anton Nasser in Sillia, he'll just respawn if you gate out
[12:58] Laptop_Wolf heh
[12:58] The_Shrike Xephyr<--_Wait.
[12:58] The_Shrike Wait.
[12:58] Laptop_Wolf 0_o
[12:58] Laptop_Wolf you can
[12:58] The_Shrike We can FARM ANTON NASSER?
[12:58] Laptop_Wolf FARM him?
[12:58] The_Shrike YESSSSSSSSS
Further testing by Xephyr and others has revealed that Anton "What is this thing you call 'Aiming'?" Nasser is indeed fully farmable in the current Corporate Command version. This means that this may also be the case with other terrifyingly dangerous friendly NPCs (such as Morningstar in Eternity Port).

Because none of us have bothered to try doing corporate missions before exacting our revenge for dozens of 'accidental' deaths/injuries at the hands of Anton, we don't know what difference this makes to our standing with them, or with Anton himself. But leaving this aside, and the wonderful karma, the player probably shouldn't be able to get a full set of heavy Omsk armor, a Mk.II Omsk deflector and a bunch of Mk.V and Mk.VII howitzers as early as Silla, let alone get them by farming a plot-critical NPC. Even if this is fantastic as a way of getting back at Anton.

Edit: The fun continues in IRC:
[13:23] Xephyr I'll try it in Anaxas too, but I'm not sure how it'll go since they're docked
[13:24] Laptop_Wolf the station may
[13:24] Laptop_Wolf deny you docking
[13:24] Xephyr Yeah, and now I have some angry Ronins
[13:24] Xephyr But Kate's not mad at me
[13:25] Xephyr Better kill her, too

[Later]

[13:26] Xephyr Hmm, they stay dead this time.
So this bug is confined to the Silla encounter (Edit: Xephyr believes it might also happen in the encounter before Silla, but has not tested it yet). Still, this is probably the funniest bug I've seen all year. My face is literally hurting from smiling too much. The exploitation of this bug goes up to at least 0.25 Hendersons on the Henderson Scale of Plot Derailment, possibly as high as 0.5.
Last edited by Song on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shrike wrote:So this bug is confined to the Silla encounter (Edit: Xephyr believes it might also happen in the encounter before Silla, but has not tested it yet).
Just tested this and it'll work in the previous encounter as well.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Wolfwalker
Anarchist
Anarchist

GOOD! He has it coming to him. I'll have to spend half an hour at least before I have fully repaid him for all the damage he has done to me.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Just tested on Morningstar in Kitamura, she's farmable as well.

She was also very angry at a dead Urak outpost, continuously firing on it, but I guess that's another story.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.