Hercules cargo capacity doesn't match description

Found a bug in the game? Post it in one of the applicable sub forums depending on the version you are using. Tech support is also available in the Tech Support subforum.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The ship selection screen says it can be upgraded to 200 tons, but it only goes to 150, or 100 with smuggler's.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

That’s only because the vanilla cargo holds don’t add enough cargo capacity to reach 200 tons. Given a large enough cargo expansion, it would max out at 200 tons.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Obviously I didn't realize when I started this thread that each cargo bay item adds a specific amount of cargo capacity, limited by the ship's maximum. Upon reflection, this is not surprising since most cargo bays have different effects on the cargo capacity of each of the 3 stock ships in vanilla.

I strongly recommend stating the amount of cargo space added in the description of cargo bay items, perhaps with the words "up to" to clarify that it isn't always possible to add that much.

Additionally, I don't see any reason not to allow the installation of multiple cargo bays. This is about the least powerful thing you can do with your device slots, but it would allow certain ships to reach their theoretical maximum capacity and allow ships to get the special benefits of multiple bay types at once.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

NMS wrote:Obviously I didn't realize when I started this thread that each cargo bay item adds a specific amount of cargo capacity, limited by the ship's maximum. Upon reflection, this is not surprising since most cargo bays have different effects on the cargo capacity of each of the 3 stock ships in vanilla.

I strongly recommend stating the amount of cargo space added in the description of cargo bay items, perhaps with the words "up to" to clarify that it isn't always possible to add that much.
I certainly agree with this. It seems in line with many planned updates, so it's likely it will eventually be implemented. You can request it on ministry if you like.
Additionally, I don't see any reason not to allow the installation of multiple cargo bays. This is about the least powerful thing you can do with your device slots, but it would allow certain ships to reach their theoretical maximum capacity and allow ships to get the special benefits of multiple bay types at once.
I think the ship only has room for one cargo bay modification. Exterior cargo bays of a sort are available in the form of Mule autons.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Stating a cargo bay's capacity is good, and should be done, unless we're omitting it for the rogue-like element. Leaving the details of an item to be discovered by the player is a main theme of rogue-likes, though it seems to be not very appreciated nowadays.

Currently bays are limited to one per ship, because you can actually get quite overpowered having the capability of: Large-scale mining, Smuggling, and Auton assembling at once. And the reason the Auton and Smuggler bays have smaller capacity than the Mining bay, is because they are designed so to make the Mining bay or the simple cargo bay the more viable option for trading. Each bay have different purposes, and you can only choose one.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.