Targeting and Docking (1.5, EP)

Found a bug in the game? Post it in one of the applicable sub forums depending on the version you are using. Tech support is also available in the Tech Support subforum.
JimB
Anarchist
Anarchist

In v1.5, it seems the ship no longer prefers to dock at your target, but instead picks the nearest valid docking object. This is especially problematic in Commonwealth Trading Posts, which I can't dock with as the ship keeps trying to dock on the Turrets, rather than the Trading Post I deliberately targeted.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I think that’s actually a bug with that station in particular. I’ve had the same problem. I think the issue is that the Trading Posts are spawning with all of their dock slots already occupied, which doesn’t leave one for the player to dock at. Consequently, you wind up at the turrets when you try docking. I’ve had to ping a civilian ship with a low-power weapon to trigger their 'gateOnThreat in order to get a parking space.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

AssumedPseudonym wrote: I think that’s actually a bug with that station in particular. I’ve had the same problem. I think the issue is that the Trading Posts are spawning with all of their dock slots already occupied, which doesn’t leave one for the player to dock at. Consequently, you wind up at the turrets when you try docking. I’ve had to ping a civilian ship with a low-power weapon to trigger their 'gateOnThreat in order to get a parking space.
Personally I bait some ressurectors into coming over and neuroplaguing them. But yeah, it's a bug with the station. The defensive guard is...actually pretty good. But it either needs fewer guards or more docking ports.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.