[1.5] EP Bugged CSC India (Maybe others)

Found a bug in the game? Post it in one of the applicable sub forums depending on the version you are using. Tech support is also available in the Tech Support subforum.
JimB
Anarchist
Anarchist

I was running the CSC missions, and buying fuel for my 500MW reactor. I then got promoted to Master Sergeant, and the Refuel option then changed to say "This station does not have fuel suitable for your ship's reactors". Nothing had changed on my ship setup, the only change was the promotion. I am assuming this is a bug triggered when the station switches from selling you fuel to doing it free of charge, or from expensive to cheap. This is more than a bit annoying, as CSCs are a good source of fuel in later systems.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

JimB wrote:I was running the CSC missions, and buying fuel for my 500MW reactor. I then got promoted to Master Sergeant, and the Refuel option then changed to say "This station does not have fuel suitable for your ship's reactors". Nothing had changed on my ship setup, the only change was the promotion. I am assuming this is a bug triggered when the station switches from selling you fuel to doing it free of charge, or from expensive to cheap. This is more than a bit annoying, as CSCs are a good source of fuel in later systems.
I've seen this problem as well. It affects all Fleet assets, and it also occurs for repairs once the player reaches the rank at which they become free.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I note that in the coding for the Space Command stuff (I think), things are set to have prices rather than being a giveaway because of being unable to sell things for nothing. I am unaware of whether this is a balancing thing (to prevent money-grinding), or whether it is a mechanical limitation. If it's the latter, then this may be the cause of this problem
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
JimB
Anarchist
Anarchist

Are you talking about the Refuel option there or the Armoury one, as I recall the Refuel option being 0 credits on previous version once you reach an appropriate rank.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The key there is previous version. The merchant code was redone for 1.5 to support EP and it broke something.
Literally is the new Figuratively
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

JimB wrote:Are you talking about the Refuel option there or the Armoury one, as I recall the Refuel option being 0 credits on previous version once you reach an appropriate rank.
At a higher rank, armor repair is also supposed to become free. In the new version, it experiences the same problem as refueling at that rank.