Control scheme issues from DieuGirl LP on Youtube

Found a bug in the game? Post it in one of the applicable sub forums depending on the version you are using. Tech support is also available in the Tech Support subforum.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The tutorial needs to cover movement and should offer all keymaps for any action. For example Domina guy whose name escapes me at the moment tells you to use [ctrl] to fire. [Space] also fires and the player should be told both.

It is also important to explicitly tell the player how to move the ship, particularly since the intuitive controls are poorly placed for quick use/invoke access. And the intuitive controls are broken. It is also important that stop be mapped to the down arrow. This should have been done ages ago and new players are struggling badly when they don't have to.
Literally is the new Figuratively
SolarGalaxy
Miner
Miner

I think that he also needs to tell the player to press [F1] for the control scheme. Most players won't know how to stop their ship by using [.]. I also agree that stop needs to be mapped to the down key by default.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Anyone else use options to map stop to down and then become disoriented? Is it just me?
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

JohnBWatson wrote:Anyone else use options to map stop to down and then become disoriented? Is it just me?
Even if it's not just you it's just people who have gotten used to not having it. New players expect down to be stop.

Myself, I just use the jkl cluster because it's convenient to 'u' and 'i'.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I've added this to my own guide on steam. Peeps: whenever you see someone confused, make sure you try to tell them about the alternates.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.