Ridiculous game loading times.

Found a bug in the game? Post it in one of the applicable sub forums depending on the version you are using. Tech support is also available in the Tech Support subforum.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm not sure what it is, whether its busy systems or too much data to handle, but since 1.6 rolled out I've had to wait upwards of five minutes for savegame to load.

Anybody else getting this, or just me?
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

no such problems with my games, actually seems to load faster then 1.5 in my case. (pure subjective though, didn't measure loading times) currently in my second game with 1.6.1 usually trying to finish every new release with each available ship. Started with saphire and now playing with the Ei500.
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Xephyr wrote:I'm not sure what it is, whether its busy systems or too much data to handle, but since 1.6 rolled out I've had to wait upwards of five minutes for savegame to load.

Anybody else getting this, or just me?
I've had this problem with two savegames. After waiting for a while for loads to happen, I gave up and started new games.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Back when I played the Succession #7 game, which was very heavily modded, I could not load save games once the filesize or something else grew too big. It was like the load game process was caught in an infinite loop. Caused some frustration for me.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I haven't seen issues with unmodded savegame loading times even on a quite elderly machine (Core II Duo, 4GB RAM).
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:I haven't seen issues with unmodded savegame loading times even on a quite elderly machine (Core II Duo, 4GB RAM).
Specifically I've had troubles with EP and vanilla+CC. Haven't played enough straight vanilla recently to even trigger this, since it seems to occur in the late game.

I'm on a 1.90GHz, 6GB RAM system.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

On 1.65GHz and 4GB RAM my games take one or two minutes to load (modded or unmodded). But never five!
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I have only 20 second hangups....but that's on every gating. I'm running the steam version with SM&M++.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.